Reasonable amount of time for GK

What is reasonable amount of time for keeper to have ball after save, teams both walking back to reset? Gk in constant motion; not just standing with ball.

Right until it becomes unreasonable.

I'm not trying to be snarky (not entirely). I think it depends on the game, score, which keeper.

For instance, if the keeper is on the team down by 5 and they want to waste a little more of their own time, does it makes sense to hurry them along?

Technically, a GK has 6 seconds after a save to distribute the ball, but I've never seen a penalty call. It's up to the referee to determine what is reasonable and wasting time. If a referee did call a penalty because of time, it would result in an indirect free kick.

Yellow card given to our GK. We have camera behind net. Gk has ball, walking to top of box, settling defense, both teams walking to midfield, gk in constant motion. Ref blows whistle. Total play, including kick by keeper as whistle blowing.... 10 sec.

Score was 3 -1. Stoppage time.

Thankfully team did not comvert.

Yellow card given to our GK. We have camera behind net. Gk has ball, walking to top of box, settling defense, both teams walking to midfield, gk in constant motion. Ref blows whistle. Total play, including kick by keeper as whistle blowing.... 10 sec.

Score was 3 -1. Stoppage time.

Thankfully team did not comvert.

Wasn't there, but that isn't a card. Even when it is called. The last time I was at a ref course they were emphatic about that.

That is the 1st time I have ever heard of a Goalie getting a penalty on time. I've seen keepers really waste time and given a warning, but never a card. Was there a warning or issue before?

Saw it one time and it was in last years highlands v Cov Cath game. I think it was the highlands keeper decided his shinguards needed to be adjusted like 4 times. No one really argued the call surprisingly.

Nope. Well I think not. What WAS called was ref thought he picked up/dropped ball instead of catching it for a save.

He saved it by batting it down with both hands -- as he had done before in game. Team was awarded kick for that too.

Not entirely sure about this based on description but if the ref decides the keeper has possession, then puts the ball down and picks it back up before another player touches then that's not allowed.

Not entirely sure about this based on description but if the ref decides the keeper has possession, then puts the ball down and picks it back up before another player touches then that's not allowed.

Understood. In this case, GK didn"t attempt a catch. Batted it down for save. It was just a miracle we got out of there without giving up PK.