Browns at Colts Prediction

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Both teams are 0-2 but things feel different between them. The Browns seem to be headed in a good direction with their personnel but the results haven't yet affected the W column. The Colts are without Andrew Luck and that pretty much sums up the direction they are headed.

The Browns have been fielding a legit defense. They lost to Pittsburgh and Baltimore by a combined 17 points. The Colts have lost by a combined 40 points to the Rams and the Cardinals.

I want to see the Browns run the ball effectively in this game. The offensive line has been rated highly but that hasn't translated into an effective ground game, yet. Three new starters on the line may indicate that they just need to have time together in order to gel. Game three would be a good time to put that together.

The Browns defense has faced Big Ben and Joe Flacco and has done well but had to play it a bit conservatively (for defensive coordinator Greg Williams). I think he will turn up the heat against a backup QB.

I predict the Browns win 24-14.

This is the beginning of a stretch where the Browns play three current 0-2 teams, including Cincinnati and the New York Jets. It would be a positive if the Browns win at least two of those games. They get the first this Sunday.

The colts defense is MUCH better than they are getting credit for! Much better than the last few years! once this team gets Davis, Geathers and butler on defense back they will be very good. I think they shut the browns running game down. I see the Colts winning this game. I think Brissett should know more of the play book by now. Maybe Im just biased as the colts are my favorite NFL team!

You are correct! It's been a very ROUGH year for us colts fans to say the least. I'm not sure if lucky comes back before Week 10. The lack of front office to get a reliable back up was shocking to me! TOLZEIN wasnt even the best guy in the preseason. I know its just preseason but still. If they dont start protecting luck its gonna end his career 5 to 6 years early!

I'll be golfing sunday so i will miss the start of the game but my plan is to DVR the game and hope to get a W!

I also do think the BROWNS are better than their 0-2 start! Heck what it is the first time since i think i read 2005 theyve not been an underdog and fisrt time since 2002 since they havent been one on the road!

Back when I was in school my TV was broken and I had a guy record the games for me (VCR) as I was busy every Sunday afternoon. After retrieving the VHS tape from my friend, my wife and I would go to her office and watch the games on Sunday night using their TV/VCR. Microwave popcorn and the game made for a good evening. I was always careful to not watch or listen to any sports programs in case they would mention the outcome. One time we didn't have time to catch the game on Sunday evening so we had to wait until Monday evening... that was the plan. Someone in the office told my wife the outcome of the game and she called me all excited that the Browns had won. I wasn't very kind to her in response and tried to explain that the suspense of not knowing the outcome is what makes the game so exciting.

All of that to say, keep away from the radio, TV, and well-meaning friends before you get to watch the game.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Colts winning this game. Brissant has a game under his belt and another week with the playbook. I look for TY to have a big game. The defense has stopped or slowed the run. The 3 rookies on defense, Wilson and Hairstan at corners and Hooker as safety have played well while Davis, Butler and Geathers are out. Trial by fire. And the Browns have a rookie QB. Surely , the enthusiasm I saw last week will be there tomorrow. I will.