Field size?

Which school has smallest field you play on? Thoughts on how it affects pĺay? Here in Western part of state Graves co, Hopkinsville and maybe Calloway on smaller side. Now, I am no field technician, but these cannot possibly be 100 yards. Judging by distance from 18 yrd box to midfield.

As far as play, I think GK at biggest disadvantage. They have less time to see play developing, coming at them.

Short width and length can play a factor. On the girls side, St Ursula in OH has an exceptionally short field in length. I haven't seen them play in years but when I did watch them play at home they used it to their advantage by pushing their back line forward and their keeper was aggressive in coming off her line. Opponents playing balls over the top or through balls into space between the penalty area struggled. So in this situation is was a big advantage for St Ursula's keepers.

On the boys side I remember Trinity's field being very narrow.

I think most home teams have an advantage playing on a smaller then normal field, they gear their tactics for it and are accustomed to it.

I've never understood why a soccer field used for competition is not a uniform size no matter where you play.

Pretty simple answer. Not all schools and facilities were built during the same time period. Regulations change but the ability to get more land and space does not.