Adam Hines accepts Henderson County baseball job

Eagle3

This is a weak hire. I don't like it but I understand it. He was the best of those who applied and would accept. He steps into a very good situation. This is a veteran team and he should advance to his first regional as a coach. With that said, the parents that run with the Super are also a veteran group and if he is kowtowing to them, they will eat him alive. I'm sure he has been schooled in this regard as he and Isenberg are good friends and it is rumored that Isenberg talked to him about applying. The end result of this debacle is the small group of parents succeeded in getting Isenberg fired as they set out to do but what does that say for the school system and the kids involved. I wish Coach Hines the best of luck.

This is a weak hire. I don't like it but I understand it. He was the best of those who applied and would accept. He steps into a very good situation. This is a veteran team and he should advance to his first regional as a coach. With that said, the parents that run with the Super are also a veteran group and if he is kowtowing to them, they will eat him alive. I'm sure he has been schooled in this regard as he and Isenberg are good friends and it is rumored that Isenberg talked to him about applying. The end result of this debacle is the small group of parents succeeded in getting Isenberg fired as they set out to do but what does that say for the school system and the kids involved. I wish Coach Hines the best of luck.
Look, I don't necessarily like the parents/players acted in getting Isenberg fired but the narrative of poor old Isenberg is tired and played. The dude screwed up, that's on him. I don't feel sorry for him and actually think it's a little comical considering the way he's treated/handled issues with some players in the past. Kind of a "what goes around comes around" type thing.

That said, he knows the game and did a good job regarding getting wins. But I will never support any coach at the high school level that won't allow his players to play other sports. Isenberg wouldn't so no tears shed here for him being gone.

I can only hope Coach Hines doesn't have the same mind set. If he does I hope he's shown the door as well.

Who does David Blandford call for this position?

Nathan Isenberg - Interview him, listen to the tape, consult the Super to get all the details, inquire why she stated she made a hasty decision and then make a decision to enhance the OC baseball program. He will fit right in with the strong discipline the other coaches at OC exhibit. He knows baseball, knows how to prepare players to the next level. There is no better candidate available. If after listening to he tape and talking to the Super and Coach Isenberg and you are not impressed, by all means look elsewhere.