2017 KYMSFA MSFB Playoffs

plantmanky

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, the reigning champs, undefeated, are ranked lower than 2 other teams in their district and they beat 1 of them and the other 1 did not play them????? That just doesn't seem right? What am I missing here?

Who are you referring to?

Seeding is based on who you beat blintz who beat you. So if you won against a lot of D1 teams and the undefeated team beat a bunch of D3 then the first team would be the higher seed.

I agree that there needs to be more that goes into the seeding process. Currently it is only based off the points you get for wins based off the class those opponents are in. Most middle schools are only playing around 8 games and if you are in a large conference you have to play your conference opponents. You have no choice if those are D1, D2, or D3 opponents. To me if 2 teams are both placed in the same region, Team 1 is undefeated and team 2 has 1 loss and it is against Team 1 then there is no way that team 2 should be seeded higher which seems to be the case for Newburg. Not only is it unfair to them it is also unfair to the teams that matchup with them. They have to play a much higher quality opponent earlier in the tournament than they should have to. For the record i'm not involved with Newburg so I have no dog in the fight. Teams also don't get punished for losses.

How do you score 72 points in 8 minute quarters with a running clock?! I mean wow!

Too many teams make the playoffs. Need to reduce it down to the small numbers. Everybody gets a trophy.

Did I do it right? That's what we say during the high school postseason so I wanted to get ahead of everyone else. :lol2:

How do you score 72 points in 8 minute quarters with a running clock?! I mean wow!

Saw it happen last year in a game, team scored 82 points, granted the other team scored 28 I believe, so it was 68 to 28 when the running clock started in the 4th quarter.