Rushes-Yards 30-92 49-303

Comp-Att-Int 12-18-0 13-19-0

Passing Yards 99 168

Fumbles-Lost 6-1 2-0

Punts-Avg. 3-31.0 1-29.0

Return Yards 0 13

Penalties-Yards 8-79 7-51

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Ironton rushing: Salyers 12-40, G. Carrico 7-24, T. Wilson 4-13, Payne 2-6, Crawford 2-3, Cox 2-1.

Ashland rushing: Colburn 13-79, Daniels 1-0, Hester 19-118, Ratliff 9-55, Billips 1-4, Cline 2-16, Pittman 2-29, Tackett 2-2.

Ironton passing: Salyers 9 of 11 for 72 yards, 3 of 7 for 27 yards.

Ashland passing: Ratliff 13 of 19 for 119 yards.

Ironton receiving: Thomas 1-6, R. Carrico 5-40, E. Wilson 1-10, J. Grizzle 3-25, G. Carrico 1-10, T. Wilson 1-8.

Ashland receiving: Caines 1-13, Colburn 2-22, Conley 3-61, Rogers 3-39, Hester 2-7, Bryant 2-13.

It was the head coach per the Daily Independent article. Basically the ball came out at the end of a play in the 3rd quarter, Ironton recovered the ball but the Ashland receiver was ruled down by contact. I couldn't get a good look at it from my vantage point to say whether the receiver was down prior to the ball coming out or not. But regardless, the Ironton coaching staff should have handled themselves better given the fact that with all of the dead ball penalties they were causing, they were essentially walking Ashland right down to the endzone. It also led to a very chippy game and atmosphere from that point on.

Open-shut(out) case for Ashland over Ironton | Sports | dailyindependent.com

What was the issue? Questionable call? Fight?

It was the head coach per the Daily Independent article. Basically the ball came out at the end of a play in the 3rd quarter, Ironton recovered the ball but the Ashland receiver was ruled down by contact. I couldn't get a good look at it from my vantage point to say whether the receiver was down prior to the ball coming out or not. But regardless, the Ironton coaching staff should have handled themselves better given the fact that with all of the dead ball penalties they were causing they were essentially walking Ashland right down to the endzone. It also led to a very chippy game and atmosphere from that point on.

Open-shut(out) case for Ashland over Ironton | Sports | dailyindependent.com

It wasn't even a questionable call. It was one of the worse calls I've ever seen. An Ironton defender clearly stripped the ball from Ashland's TE, and the ball went rolling away about 3 yards. I'd say just about everyone in the stadium knew it was a fumble, but the 5 officials, and apparently @JDEaston. :lol2:

It was such an obvious fumble that both Ironton's offense and Ashland's defense had run onto the field before the officials said it was still Ashland's ball. That's why Ironton's coach exploded on the sidelines. I don't blame him one bit.

It wasn't even a questionable call. It was one of the worse calls I've ever seen. An Ironton defender clearly stripped the ball from Ashland's TE, and the ball went rolling away about 3 yards. I'd say just about everyone in the stadium knew it was a fumble, but the 5 officials, and apparently @JDEaston. :lol2:

It was such an obvious fumble that both Ironton's offense and Ashland's defense had run onto the field before the officials said it was still Ashland's ball. That's why Ironton's coach exploded on the sidelines. I don't blame him one bit.

By vantage point I should have been more clear. I was waiting in line for a chick'fil'a sandwich only to find out they were sold out. :ohbrother:

Seriously though, the coaching staff should have handled it better. The game wasn't out of reach for Ironton at that point. Just take the bad call on the chin and get a defensive stop.