PK question

thecru

Ok rules experts....In the Dixie/St Henry game the other night during pk's one of St. Henry's player made a goal but she studdered heading towards the ball. The refs discussed it and said no goal and there was no rekick. Should there be a rekick in this situation or does the player automatically lose their shot.

Ok rules experts....In the Dixie/St Henry game the other night during pk's one of St. Henry's player made a goal but she studdered heading towards the ball. The refs discussed it and said no goal and there was no rekick. Should there be a rekick in this situation or does the player automatically lose their shot.

If it was truly a stutter step and not a complete stop I think that's legal now.

Regardless if the ball goes in and the attacker does something wrong they are supposed to shoot again.

The only issue would be if they faked actually kicking, then you lose the shot altogether.

Or at least that's what I remember from youth. High school could be different.

SITUATION 4: A2, taking a penalty kick, approaches the ball and then stops abruptly. He/she then (a) kicks the ball and scores; (b) kicks the ball over the goal; © kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper; (d) kicks the ball and it is saved and held by the goalkeeper; (e) kicks the ball and it is deflected over the goal line by the goalkeeper. RULING: In (a), retake the kick; (b) goal kick; © indirect free kick for defending team; (d) play continues; (e) indirect free kick for the defending team. (14-1-4)

SITUATION 4: A2, taking a penalty kick, approaches the ball and then stops abruptly. He/she then (a) kicks the ball and scores; (b) kicks the ball over the goal; © kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper; (d) kicks the ball and it is saved and held by the goalkeeper; (e) kicks the ball and it is deflected over the goal line by the goalkeeper. RULING: In (a), retake the kick; (b) goal kick; © indirect free kick for defending team; (d) play continues; (e) indirect free kick for the defending team. (14-1-4)

So what does it say about stutter steps vs stopping abruptly?

I question this: © kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper. Ruling © indirect free kick for defending team; So a team is awarded a penalty and the keeper deflects the ball into play, this is saying that it is not a live ball that can be played by anyone other than the shooter. I don't believe that is correct.

I question this: © kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper. Ruling © indirect free kick for defending team; So a team is awarded a penalty and the keeper deflects the ball into play, this is saying that it is not a live ball that can be played by anyone other than the shooter. I don't believe that is correct.

SITUATION 4: A2, taking a penalty kick, approaches the ball and then stops abruptly.

Because the kicker stopper, in all scenarios but (a), the defenders get the ball in some way.

I don't understand why (a) is a re-kick. Based on the other scenarios, I would think it would be an indirect for the defenders.

The restart depends on where the ball goes. If it goes in the goal, it's rekick. If it is saved and held, let the keeper punt. If it's a corner or rebounds back to play the the defense gets an IFK to the defense. If it's a goal kick the it's a goal kick.

Basically if the kicking team does something wrong you don't allow them to shoot again unless they put he ball in.

• 2 weeks later...