Let's talk 3rd region

Apollo is clearly the front runner this year in 3rd Region. Eagles get a big boost to their back court with the return of Hayden Shelton, who IMO is clearly the front runner for 3rd Region POY and should be 1st team All State when its all said and done. They return Nathan Boyle and Alex Gray who both will compete with Shelton for POY honors. I don't see anybody competing seriously with these veteran Eagles. They should run through the 9th District pretty easily. I might be a little biased, but I just don't see any competition here.

Glad to see some thoughts being posted about the 3rd Region. I wouldn't count out Meade County. Yes, everyone thought that Baker was all that Meade Co. had last year (and I understand why with the losing streak, etc....). Baker's biggest help was by reducing turnovers at the point guard spot. The team was so centered around him that it had no answer until he came back from the injury. The most consistent player for Meade Co down the stretch was Aidan Matthews, a 6'4" wing player. He returns this year (Senior) and had a huge AAU season (about 20 PPG) and varsity summer league (about 25 PPG). He was the team's leader last year for total points and total rebounds (and he didn't become a starter until halfway through the season). I suspect he might have something to say about POY. He went from 4th string JV as a Sophomore to not coming off the floor in varsity games last year. Obviously, nobody knew about him last year, now he has schools looking at him. Also watch out for Chezney Weick (Junior), another 6'4" forward. He has massive potential and showed it at the end of the year. Those two kids carrier this team down the stretch with Baker handling the guard spot. With some senior guards, a very nice junior transfer, and some good young talent, I would not count out Meade Co.