2017-18 Kentucky Schedule

RoyalWildcat

The schedule is now up on UK Athletics website, you can view it here. University of Kentucky | Official Athletic Site

Big Blue Madness is set for October 20th with exhibition games against Thomas Moore and Centre. The Cats will open the season November 10th vs Utah Valley and then Vermont on 11/12 before traveling to Chicago to face Kansas in the Champions Classic.

A couple key games I see, they will play UCLA in New Orleans for the CBS Sports Classic on 12/23, then Louisville comes to Rupp 12/29 which is set for a 3:00 start I believe, then they will travel to Morgantown on 1/29 to play Bob Huggins and the West Virginia Mountaineers.

Seems to be a very difficult schedule for a very very young but talented team.

Explain

Pretty self-explanatory.

For the elite programs, playing elite teams at home doesn't help prepare you for tournament time. Tournament games are played on neutral courts and games in those atmospheres help get your team ready much more so than playing in front of your own fans does.

Pretty self-explanatory.

For the elite programs, playing elite teams at home doesn't help prepare you for tournament time. Tournament games are played on neutral courts and games in those atmospheres help get your team ready much more so than playing in front of your own fans does.

Home-and-home means you play at their place too. That doesn't benefit your team?

Not as much as the neutral court games do on getting you ready for the tournament IMO.

Ok. I would just disagree. You prep your team by putting them in the toughest situations in games and in practice. IMO, the game at WVU will benefit them more than any other game this season. I do believe that there is a benefit to playing a neutral site game but not as much as a road game and, why are we playing three of them? Playing Monmouth in NYC is a waste of time.

Ok. I would just disagree. You prep your team by putting them in the toughest situations in games and in practice. IMO, the game at WVU will benefit them more than any other game this season. I do believe that there is a benefit to playing a neutral site game but not as much as a road game and, why are we playing three of them? Playing Monmouth in NYC is a waste of time.

I hear what you are saying, but there is nothing to prove that to be true. Then of course it is less risk for the teams.

Playing Monmouth in NYC is a waste of time.

I disagree, it's good for recruiting. What kid wouldn't want the opportunity to play in the Garden. Especially kids like Diallo and Bamba (I believe Cal thought he would be on this roster when this game was scheduled). Why not give yourself exposure to potential recruits in the NYC area. Go back and look at Duke's schedule. They typically play an OOC opponent in NYC each year.

I'd rather them play in large neutral site games as well.

Playing Monmouth anywhere is a waste of time. Playing UNC, UCLA, Duke, Kansas, and etc at a neutral location is not.

I disagree, it's good for recruiting. What kid wouldn't want the opportunity to play in the Garden. Especially kids like Diallo and Bamba (I believe Cal thought he would be on this roster when this game was scheduled). Why not give yourself exposure to potential recruits in the NYC area. Go back and look at Duke's schedule. They typically play an OOC opponent in NYC each year.

You play those games for your fans and your current players. Duke doesn't need exposure anywhere. Besides, they are not known as a huge NYC recruiting team.

I'd rather them play in large neutral site games as well.

Playing Monmouth anywhere is a waste of time. Playing UNC, UCLA, Duke, Kansas, and etc at a neutral location is not.

I agree that they are useful. Not saying to stop all of them. I just think there is more value in playing road games.

Also, before all of this, my original point was that the home non-conference schedule is terrible.

No proof but a general philosophy of coaching

The coaches of elite programs (Duke, UNC, UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, etc) are moving more and more away from the home and home series and more to the neutral site matchups.

Either way, like you said simply a difference of opinion. I tend to like the neutral site games more.