2A #10 Somerset vs. 5A North Laurel

DevilMayCare

Who gets the win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Somerset Briar Jumpers
    • North Laurel Jaguars

The Jumpers (2-2) hit the road to Hazard in Week 3 and came out victorious with a 20-9 win over the 2nd ranked team in 1A. It had to feel good to get the W after falling just short against Beechwood the week before.

North Laurel has rolled to a 4-0 record, albeit against mediocre opposition. This will be by far their biggest test to date. If the Jags want to be taken seriously in 5A, they'll need to take care of business on the road at Somerset.

Anyone have an opinion?

I talked to one of the North Laurel Coaches this week and in my opinion he is very concerned about the Jumpers.

Anyone?

This game will be similar to the Hazard/Somerset game. North is a running team and so far that plays into Somersets strength. Hazard scrimmaged North earlier in the season and North moved the ball but couldn't score on hazards defense ( was close to 100% healthy). Hazard scored on a deep pass play.

I'm going to go with Somerset 21-14

This game will be similar to the Hazard/Somerset game. North is a running team and so far that plays into Somersets strength. Hazard scrimmaged North earlier in the season and North moved the ball but couldn't score on hazards defense ( was close to 100% healthy). Hazard scored on a deep pass play.

I'm going to go with Somerset 21-14

I see you are taking the Littles over the Bigs.

It's hard to know how North Laurel will respond to good competition. I believe that North has a lot of talent and is well coached, but I'm just not sure why they continue to schedule so many easy wins. I'm a believer that you need to test yourself if you want to improve for a playoff run.

Somerset by 7.

It's hard to know how North Laurel will respond to good competition. I believe that North has a lot of talent and is well coached, but I'm just not sure why they continue to schedule so many easy wins. I'm a believer that you need to test yourself if you want to improve for a playoff run.

Somerset by 7.

The first two games were okay opponents but the last two aren't. South Laurel has improved and Prestonsburg is up a little as well.

But this is the best team they've faced this season besides the scrimmage with Hazard.