6A #4 Scott County at LaSalle (OH)

thsrocks

Scott County at La Salle: Who wins and why?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Scott County at La Salle: Who wins and why?

LaSalle (OH) hosts Scott County this Friday. The Ohio Division II (second largest) Lancers are 3-0 and defeated West Clermont (OH) 30-0 this past Friday. The Cardinals were defeated by Moeller (OH) 38-28 to fall to 3-1. Scott County defeated North Bullitt (1-3), Lafayette (1-3), and Highlands (2-2) prior to the first loss of the season.

The Cardinals picked up 465 yards of total offense versus Moeller (OH). The Crusaders gained 492 total offensive yards in the win. Scott County gained a a surprising 180 yards through the air, completing 10 of 14 pass attempts to keep the game close. Give the Cardinals credit for not quitting after falling behind 31-14 after three quarters.

LaSalle is the 3-time defending Division II State Champion and will be a difficult victory for the Cardinals. The Lancers boast 23 seniors on this team. They own wins over Colerain (OH) 7-3, East Central (IN) 13-0, in addition to the win over West Clermont (OH).

Clean up the 2 early turnovers and Cards will outscore La Salle. I got the cards 49-38!

These two teams could play 5 games and Scott Co. won't score 49 points COMBINED. LaSalle's defense is the best I've seen in Ohio...right next to my Cardinals' defense.

Look for LaSalle to win by 14-21 points. Thinking 28-7.

-CardinalsFan

These two teams could play 5 games and Scott Co. won't score 49 points COMBINED. LaSalle's defense is the best I've seen in Ohio...right next to my Cardinals' defense.

-CardinalsFan

I know your right about the Lancers D, but I think Scott will put up some points.

-CardinalsFan

It probably won't be that high scoring you're right but sources from Moeller tell me LaSalle is much better on defense than Moeller but not as good on offense. I'll take the cards 35-24, We will certainly be able to move the ball and score some points.

LaSalle has not been as good on offense as they have been in recent years. Understandable against Colerain but not against East Central. But defense has been stellar. Scott Co may struggle to get points on the board and this might not be a very offensive-minded game. Low scoring and avoid turnovers and Scott Co can be in it. Turn it over and play from behind and LaSalle will put it to them.

LaSalle has not been as good on offense as they have been in recent years. Understandable against Colerain but not against East Central. But defense has been stellar. Scott Co may struggle to get points on the board and this might not be a very offensive-minded game. Low scoring and avoid turnovers and Scott Co can be in it. Turn it over and play from behind and LaSalle will put it to them.

The East Central game was played in what was left of the Huricane Harvey rain on a sloppy field.

It probably won't be that high scoring you're right but sources from Moeller tell me LaSalle is much better on defense than Moeller but not as good on offense. I'll take the cards 35-24, We will certainly be able to move the ball and score some points.

:laugh:

If Scott Cty. scores 35 points on LaSalle, I will buy you and your entire family dinner at your local Cracker Barrel. :clap:

I love the enthusiasm, I do. But there is NO WAY Scott Cty. is scoring 35 points on the LaSalle Lancers. These are the 3-time defending D2 champions in OH and they collectively have the best group of LB's you will see ALL SEASON.

I stick with my original prediction.

28-7, LaSalle.

-CardinalsFan

Is this because Colerain only scored 3 on them? But sounds good my man, Ill take the country boy special

:laugh:

If Scott Cty. scores 35 points on LaSalle, I will buy you and your entire family dinner at your local Cracker Barrel. :clap:

I love the enthusiasm, I do. But there is NO WAY Scott Cty. is scoring 35 points on the LaSalle Lancers. These are the 3-time defending D2 champions in OH and they collectively have the best group of LB's you will see ALL SEASON.

I stick with my original prediction.

28-7, LaSalle.

-CardinalsFan

Is this because Colerain only scored 3 on them? But sounds good my man, Ill take the country boy special

No...our offense was a dumpster fire in week 1. Actually, not much better now.

LaSalle is just that tough defensively. PLUS, you run an option-oriented offense which LaSalle sees every year from Colerain. They are used to it. They are sound fundamentally and as I said, their LB's are the best collective group you will see all year.

I would LOVE to be able to see this game on Friday. Unfortunately, I have other obligations which will keep me occupied.

Will this game have any live coverage?

-CardinalsFan

PS: That bet is very real if you are willing to reciprocate. We have Cracker Barrel's here in NKY as well. I'll even say 35 points is a PUSH...but it won't be close to that.