Do You Regularly Read A Newspaper(s)?

WESTSIDE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something about holding the paper while having a coffee.

I have the local paper delivered on weekends and usually read it straight through. I'll read a few stories online during the week if they catch my attention.

I also subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and the Washington Post, which is also delivered on Sunday. I get the Economist too, but not sure if that qualifies. They all have pretty easy to read apps for tablets.

The Cincinnati Enquirer has given up on timely reporting Sports and just concentrates on in-depth stories instead of actual results. So no need to subscribe anymore for me. Will get a Sunday paper and also either the Sunday Lex Herald or Courier Journal or Indy Star as they have superior sports sections to the Enquirer.

USA Today sports section on Fridays is still good as is their Sports Weekly publication.

Used to read multiple papers religiously. Got the papers daily for year. But slowly started pulling back and cancelling subscriptions and stopped buying at newstands, down to where I was only getting the Sunday paper. Then, I stopped getting the paper entirely about 4 years ago,and can only say I've bought one paper since then, which was the Winter sports all stars issue, and I only bought that because my youngest son was pictured in that issue as a regional wrestling champ. Otherwise I can find and read the articles online if there's something I'm interested in seeing.

There simply is no reason for me to continue to read the paper. Too many other, more timely outlets for news.

I gave up the daily LHL a couple of months ago. Now only get Sundays. I started back up the Jessamine Journal and it comes once a week in the mail.

It was the move of printing to Louisville for the Lexington Herald Leader that was the straw that broke the daily paper back. Two day old news - especially for sports - was the kicker. If anything happens after 8 p.m. its not in the paper the next day. Also LHL focuses too much on UK and not enough on HS or Transy or EKU.

I gave up the daily LHL a couple of months ago. Now only get Sundays. I started back up the Jessamine Journal and it comes once a week in the mail.

It was the move of printing to Louisville for the Lexington Herald Leader that was the straw that broke the daily paper back. Two day old news - especially for sports - was the kicker. If anything happens after 8 p.m. its not in the paper the next day. Also LHL focuses too much on UK and not enough on HS or Transy or EKU.

I agree with everything you are saying about the Lexington Herald Leader. Years ago they were a nice thick newspaper that had gone of coverage for multiple schools. Now they are shell of their for self. I guess that can be said for just about every newspaper, but LHL has really hit rock bottom.

I agree with everything you are saying about the Lexington Herald Leader. Years ago they were a nice thick newspaper that had tons of coverage for multiple schools. Now they are a shell of their former self. I guess that can be said for just about every newspaper, but LHL has really hit rock bottom.

Only get delivery on Sunday but have full online subscriptions to the Courier-Journal and New York Times.

Courier is getting harder and harder to keep. They'll never let it happen, but the best thing that could happen to that paper is for someone to buy it away from Gannett.

Now that they're printing ever paper in three states in Louisville, the print deadline must be like 9 pm. High school football scores and articles don't hit the paper until Sunday.

I can read it online but... it's not the same.