Franklin-Simpson 63 Greenwood 6

FSfan

FS is growing up before everyone's eyes. It was good to able to watch this one and see the cats getting healthy and making plays. Does anyone know anything about Meade Co.? Macdon??

Fast I don't know specifics but historically Meade is very gritty and tough a 6A squad just below the Jefferson County squads. They have won 3 in a row against lower competition although they did beat Shelby County who may be very near Franklins pace right now. They were handily defeated by a very good Simon Kenton squad in the first game. I think this game is close but I like that it is at Franklin for the Wildcats and expect that this WIN is just what the doctor ordered. I look for a new look Wildcats to fight to the end in this one.

I took a quick look at Meade last night. They are large. They have a running back, Zach Babb, who is the "Ironman" of the Wave offense. He ran for 197 yards against Anderson County and 286 against Shelby County. The Green Wave is pretty much a smash mouth football team with 23 seniors on a 53 man roster.

FS rolled up 504 total yards on offense, 469 of that on the ground in 20 rushing attempts.

Tre Bass, Saul Brady, and Tredric Partinger all went over 100 yds rushing

Greenwood totaled 98 total yards on 31 attempts after averaging over 400 yds/game in its first three games.

Two interceptions and three fumbles lost contributed to GW's rough night.

Macdon, what kind of speed does Meade have? Will FS speed be able to get to the edge on Meade as it did GW?

Meade Co has pretty decent speed. Not anything like Elizabethtown but very respectable. The fullback #35 is pretty much a load and does a good job both as a blocker for RB #11 and running the ball a well. The work horse is #11. He just gets rolling and runs through tackles. #20 is one to watch as well. He looks as though he came out of the same mold as the other two.

They whipped a pretty good Shelby County team in the Harvey rain that was coming down in sheets it appeared. Shelby runs a lot of option which was difficult in all that water. Lots of trouble hanging on to the ball. Meade does nothing fancy. They line up with the QB under center and it's basically "here we come, let's see what you got". Those big backs look like they are running downhill and they never fall backwards.

FS is going to have to bow up to get this Homecoming win.