Equipment manager kicks opposing player...

Jumper_Dad

Equipment manager arrested for hitting player after game

MANCHESTER, Ky. (WYMT) - A Middlesboro football team staff member was arrested and taken to the Clay County Detention Center Friday evening.

Middlesboro High School football team's equipment manager Wilford Shell, 61, was charged with Assault fourth degree (minor injury).

Clay County Sheriff Kevin Johnson told WYMT that Shell struck a football player on the Clay County team after the game between Clay County and Middlesboro. Clay County won that game in overtime 30-29.

Some reports are saying that he kicked him in the crotch.

Nothing in Clay County will EVER shock me!

I went to a game in Clay County a few seasons back. I saw some commotion at the entrance to the school and noticed that a deer had ran into the fence and got it's head stuck. Several men were gathered around and I assumed they were trying to help the animal get free. I stopped to see if I could help. I asked them if they needed help. One of them turned around holding a pocket knife and said, "nah, we're just trying to decide how to divide up the meat."

I just pulled on into the parking lot.

Did he yell, "Cup check!" as he did it? Because I'm pretty sure there's a law somewhere that removes all criminal intent and reverts it to non-criminal "prank" status if you yell cup check. :lol2:

Maybe he screamed, "what's the capital of China?!?"