Top players in NKY

mexitucky

8th, 9th and 10th Region players eligible. Who are the players that have lived up to the hype thus far? Who have exceeded it?

Smallwood from the County is much faster than I gave him credit for. Add that to his size, technical ability, and sheer determination and you got a beast.

Ordonez from Highlands is everything that he was billed to be. I am very impressed with his passing.

Those are two that have impressed me that I have seen so far. What say you?

I really like Grass from St Henry. Strong offensive player. Knows how to cut through the defense and finish.

Long player - some people say maybe too long - but can't help but keep growing. Sets the pace for the game. A few years ago people might have said he was too green - now has a deep-rooted sense of responsibility and leadership.

Long player - some people say maybe too long - but can't help but keep growing. Sets the pace for the game. A few years ago people might have said he was too green - now has a deep-rooted sense of responsibility and leadership.

Nice kid. Plays for KHA Green.

Nice kid. Plays for KHA Green.

As I think about this more - Grass is versatile - a difference maker at both the offensive and defensive ends of the field.

Grass' game is classic, throwback, and timeless - and yet hearing post game comments from opposing teams and fans it's as if they've never seen Grass before, let alone played Grass. Truly remarkable.

My son plays for KHA, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a green team. In some age groups, there are Grey level teams. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the "grass player" they are referring too is actual grass. Some teams play much better on turf and struggle on grass. When you read all the comments and think of actual grass and not a player....it makes sense....to me anyway,lol