Top teams in 12th region

Anchor

I would go-- 1. Pulaski 2. Wayne 3. Boyle 4. Mercer

As far as dark horses, Somerset returns a vast majority of their team and some very capable offensive players. I watched a lot of 45th district action last year, and wouldn't be surprised if Garrard County makes some noise this year. They return 4 starters, and were very competitive down the stretch last season.

I watched a lot of 45th district action last year, and wouldn't be surprised if Garrard County makes some noise this year. They return 4 starters, and were very competitive down the stretch last season.

Their offense will be totally different after running things through the big man for the last couple of years. This year's team has more scoring and quickness but not as much proven size.

They return the core of their team (Including Jackson Baker the best big in the region) Aubrey Weaver is a skilled wing player as well. They made the Regional Semis last year after upsetting Lincoln Co. at their place, and a couple of breaks away from beating Mercer. Coach Woods is arguably the best coach in the region. I'd say that makes them a very legit threat.

Their offense will be totally different after running things through the big man for the last couple of years. This year's team has more scoring and quickness but not as much proven size.

I wasn't picking them to win region, but I was impressed with the growth of the program last season. I think they could sneak in the region if things fall their way.

I'm not sure what Lincoln County has this season, but they will be in the mix as well.
One thing I have learned in 12th Region basketball is you never count out Lincoln County. They always seem to be in the conversation. They will be rebuilding this year after losing Noah Young and Devin Alcorn to graduation. Phillip Chase is their highest scoring returning starter who averaged 8.9 ppg. Look for a new face at the point in freshman Spencer Baird. They may take some lumps but expect them to be ready come tournament time.