2017-18 Bow Season

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Fellow BGP'er sent me this image of this nice guy from opening evening. Hopefully it was far away from my farm. Every year I get an image or two from him with some very nice bucks! Congrats to the young man.

IMG_0021.JPG

deer 2.jpg

OK so I've been complaining about this fellow BGP'er whose boys keep killing nice bucks. So he has the nerve to send me another picture of his other sin who got a nice one as well. I'm just hoping he did not take it on the family farm, but rather by his own house. FYI, this youngster may look familiar. He has been mentioned a bit in the hoops forums.

Dad has been gone for 6 years now. A buddy of his called me today to ask me if I still had the farm that was originally my dads. Told him I did. He wanted to know if his grandson could give bow hunting a go. Of course I told him yes. Dad would be happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Any one heard rumors of the deer population becoming an issue? Heard it from a friend who heard it from a CO that they need to cull the herd. Depending on the numbers this year, they may start doing unlimited doe or even make the 3rd week doe only??

This is a TX deer taken by a guy that is a superintendent on one of my projects. He took a week off and flew back to TX for opening day....reported this to me as a "management deer"....green score in the 130's with appropriate non-typical deductions. Double drop is impressive....

He also showed me a picture of a nice 13 point management deer that will probably score in the 150's.....

Tough life....

Tx Deer 17.jpg

Any one heard rumors of the deer population becoming an issue? Heard it from a friend who heard it from a CO that they need to cull the herd. Depending on the numbers this year, they may start doing unlimited doe or even make the 3rd week doe only??
Most complain we are taking too many and numbers are on decline. Say the state is lying about increased numbers. Conspiracy theory crap. It’s really bad amoung Illinois hunters.

Anyone want to hunt in my backyard. I think you deer hunters have it wrong with the game feeders. Just plant some hostas and they'll call all their friends to come have dinner. I must see 15 deer a day. Most are does but had this guy a couple days ago. I feel like I could hand feed them. They are definitely not shy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg