Stephen King's "It"

Jackie Ed

I've seen the new trailers for the version of Stephen Kings "It". They scared me a little. I remember the original was out when I was around 10. Where I grew up there were a lot of sewer grates and sewers, a creek that had two tunnels. I saw that movie 25 years ago and I still think about a clown when I walk past sewers. At least I don't sprint past them like I was still doing up until 10 years ago.

Needless to say the new version looks awesome, and I plan on going to see it

The book is awesome, I read a long long time ago. The first version of IT didn't really do the book justice, but do they ever?

I'm excited about the new version, we will probably go see it as a family, except Mrs 2C may back out on us. LOL

Just finished and really liked the movie. It was definitely darker than the miniseries with more of a fantasy component. Lots of humor with the kids acting too. Pennywise is much creepier in this too. The movie was scary but not as scary as the trailers led. Overall, I give it an A.

Also glad that I watched this afternoon and put the Bengals game off based on what I'm seeing now lol.

I honestly don't think that I ever realized until fairly recently that clown fear was a real thing with some people. Always just thought that circus clowns represented fun and silliness, and while the makeup and outfits do well to create an illusion, I pretty much thought that everyone was aware that it was just simply silly makeup and an outfit like any other costume.

Sure, there's happy clowns, sad clowns, and even freaky looking clowns, but what it the fear trip all about? :idunno:

Is it from some sort of neurosis thing developed with some in their childhood because they heard adults speak with fear of them too?

Is it from seeing such movies like this one that creeps them out enough to develop this fear?

I suppose that there are things like, wasp, hornets, spiders, snakes, bats or rats that tend to freak me out, but typically with good reason either because of them being poisonous or rabid.

Even if a spider or snake isn't poisonous the bite can still suck, as I've been both stung by a bee, and I've been bit by a spider, and neither are fun.

With that said, unless a bee is flying around my head I don't much worry about them because they're typically way more interested in busying themselves with a flower than they are of me.

Because of their nature they generally have no reason to be concerned or interested in me unless I'm a threat to their hive or something, or if I'm near a sugary beverage.

Growing up I absolutely adored cats and dogs, and other than being leery of German Shepherds mostly because my older sister used to freak out about them, I never much had any fear about them, unless of course one was barking and growling like mad, and jumping around showing their teeth.

As I've aged, and while I still can't say I'm much fearful, I've become more aware of just how instinctively wild some dogs can be, and how protective they are of their owners, and that you just can't simply make a quick approach at every one of them thinking they'd all just be thrilled that this stranger is about to touch them.

For whatever reason or another, and possibly for having been bit a time or two, I have seen in others at times to be very afraid of dogs. No doubt you can't trust every dog, and mostly if they've been mistreated or neglected by their owners.

But back to clowns...what really is the deal with people being fearful, and especially since there's really no logical basis for it?

I just don't get it.

I sometimes wonder with certain people is it just something that they get a kick out of saying?

Can some just flip a coin and depending how it lands they can say "yes" they are, or "no" they're not afraid of them?

I'd be interested in hearing from those who are fearful if they can expand on just what that reason might be, and the answer "I don't know, they just creep me out" isn't an acceptable answer.

Surely if you're fearful, you know the reason why and can make some attempt to articulate an answer whether it sounds rational or not. I already realize that there's no rational reason, but it still would be interesting to hear if those who are fearful can be more specific as to why, and maybe how they got that way. :idunno: