State worker new pension (retirement) plan

jericho

Any thoughts.

I think what Gov Bevin said about teachers: if they had a choice to retire and have to work for 10 more years or retire now and still get their pension.

He told teachers that if they were going to retire for self-serving reasons, they didn’t belong in the classroom anyway.

Plus I know all this was recommended but still even for police to have to wait till 60 years old. What cop is going to chase someone on foot at 60?

If I'm not mistaken was the pension taken out to help support KY Connect?

I am not meaning this to be a political bashing topic, but a discussion of the proposal and ideas to better fix it.

We are not going to start back with Politics but it is decades of corrupt politicians that have either taken from the state pension funds for their pet projects or not funded the pension funds properly over the years which was required by law and this is what we are left with.

Once most people are in the 50 to 55 range they have no business being a working Police Officer or Firefighter.

And I am not talking about the Administrative Cops and Firefighters (the non-working, not on the road ones) like we have now that sit back and grade time cards, schedule oil changes, research challenge coins, stand in judgement of others, push pencils, or do other administration jobs.

My advice to any young person is you are CRAZY to get into Police or Fire Careers. More and more is asked of you all the time, the benefits are less and less all the time, and at the end of the day YOU will be the one blamed when things don't go right.