Mets @ Reds (8/29 - 8/31)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luis Castillo (who's been great all year) in his last 3 starts...0-2 but with a 1.59 ERA.

Castillo should have 1-2 more starts left before they shut him down for the season.

I imagine either Davis, Garrett, or Reed will step in for the remaining 3-4 starts.

It's fun seeing the rotation right now with Castillo, Romano, Stephenson, and Mahle all going out there.

Luis Castillo (who's been great all year) in his last 3 starts...0-2 but with a 1.59 ERA.

Castillo should have 1-2 more starts left before they shut him down for the season.

I imagine either Davis, Garrett, or Reed will step in for the remaining 3-4 starts.

It's fun seeing the rotation right now with Castillo, Romano, Stephenson, and Mahle all going out there.

Will probably be Davis IMO. In his last 3 starts at Louisville he is 3-0 with a 2.58 ERA, 21 IP, 16 hits, 1 BB and 16 K.

Red's pitchers should do well against the Mets minor league team. Here was their opening day lineup. Matz, Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Wright, Coespedes, Conforto all currently on the DL.

Jose Reyes 5

Asdrubal Cabrera 6

Yoenis Cespedes 7 (DL)

Curtis Granderson 8 (traded to LAD)

Neil Walker 4 (traded to Mil)

Jay Bruce 9 (traded to Clev)

Lucas Duda 3 (traded to TBay)

Rene Rivera 2 (with CHC)

Noah Syndergaard 1 (DL)

I've been critical of Schebler, but when he's been healthy he's been very good. It's almost to the point where you bench Hamilton move Schebler to CF and let Winker play RF. I just don't know what you do with Hamilton. He can't be your everyday lead off hitter.

I've been critical of Schebler, but when he's been healthy he's been very good. It's almost to the point where you bench Hamilton move Schebler to CF and let Winker play RF. I just don't know what you do with Hamilton. He can't be your everyday lead off hitter.

Yup, I think Billy is the odd man out. Move Schebler or Winker to CF and let Billy come off the bench. He could be a great asset as a pinch runner & defensive replacement late in games (assuming the Reds get to play meaningful baseball at some point in the future).

Yup, I think Billy is the odd man out. Move Schebler or Winker to CF and let Billy come off the bench. He could be a great asset as a pinch runner & defensive replacement late in games (assuming the Reds get to play meaningful baseball at some point in the future).

There is zero chance Winker can play CF. He's slow and just average defensively.

Schebler can do it, but would be a below average defensive player out there. I get wanting to move on from Hamilton, but I just don't see Schebler as the answer there. He's built to be a 4th OFer IMO.

I agree that neither is an ideal fit for CF, and neither one may be the long-term answer but at this point getting them regular AB's (especially Winker) is more important than their defense.

Choo was not an ideal CF either, but the Reds made it work. Schebler could do it for the next 30 days.

There is zero chance Winker can play CF. He's slow and just average defensively.

Schebler can do it, but would be a below average defensive player out there. I get wanting to move on from Hamilton, but I just don't see Schebler as the answer there. He's built to be a 4th OFer IMO.

Hamilton is probably going to win the GG this year, but it's hard to place a value on how much you lose/gain making those types of changes. His OBP is under .300 now which is sadly right at his career AVG. I think we know what we have at this point.