National High School Football Report 8-29-17

THS2011

The Nation:

States that started 8/25: Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

There are 5 national polls that are widely used to rank teams throughout the nation, and they are: MaxPreps, USAToday, High school Football America, Prepnation, and CalPreps (Freeman). There have been/are many other sites that do rankings but these are the most credible.

The #1 team from each poll as of 8/28 is as follows: MaxPreps, Mater Dei (CA), USAToday, Mater Dei (CA), High School Football America, Mater Dei (CA), Prepnation, Mater Dei (CA), and Calpreps, IMG Academy (FL).

Games on TV for week 1: Friday 8/25: St. John’s High School (D.C.) vs. De La Salle High School (CA) 11 p.m. on ESPNU

Kentucky vs. the Nation:

In the week of 8/25, Kentucky played 18 out of state games. 14 of those games were played on Friday and the other 4 were played on Saturday. Out of the 18 games, Kentucky won 8. Kentucky didn’t fare as well as we did last week, where we won 13 out of 16. Overall Kentucky is 21 out of 34 (62%). Below are the results of each game.

Christian County 18 Rossview (TN) 7

Claiborne (TN) 32 Middlesboro 15

Evansville Central (IN) 49 Apollo 7

Gallatin County 40 Switzerland County (IN) 6

Gleason (TN) 58 Fulton City 7

Henderson County 21 Evansville North (IN) 3

Huntington (WV) 45 Belfry 34

Johnson Central 31 Capital (WV) 20

Newport 30 Finneytown (OH) 15

Northeast (TN) 28 McCracken County 20

Paducah Tilghman 7 Liberty Tech Magnet (TN) 0

Reitz (IN) 34 Owensboro Catholic 0

Trinity 42 Warren Central (IN) 41

Twin Valley (VA) 54 Jenkins 0

Corbin 22 Alcoa (TN) 21

Goshen (OH) 56 Holy Cross 9

Mater Dei (IN) 21 Owensboro 20

Reitz Memorial (IN) 58 Daviess County 33

In the week of 9/1 Kentucky will play 11 out of state games. As the season progress, and district play starts, there will be less and less out of state games for Kentucky to shine! Good luck to all of our teams this upcoming week!

Covington Catholic plays

AT Kings (Kings Mill), Ohio

Hosts St Francis de Sales (Columbus), Ohio and

Hosts Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (Indianapolis), IN

I'm pretty sure SFDS is a quality team, but I don't know much about the other 2. Anyone?

Covington Catholic plays

AT Kings (Kings Mill), Ohio

Hosts St Francis de Sales (Columbus), Ohio and

Hosts Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (Indianapolis), IN

I'm pretty sure SFDS is a quality team, but I don't know much about the other 2. Anyone?

Chatard has something like 12 Indiana state championships. They are a quality program.