Astros move Rangers home series to St. Petersburg

swamprat

I think ownership for both teams dropped the ball here. Yes, Texas could've swapped home dates. But, Houston could've also decided that, if we're not going to be able to play at home, let's play somewhere closer than 1000 miles away. Zero percent chance that any of their regular fans will travel to St. Pete. Dallas? Maybe. Heck, there's probably a more-than-decent chance that there's already a lot of fans who've temporarily relocated to Dallas because of the flooding anyway.

Should've played the games in Arlington, with the Astros as the home team and getting the gate. Problem solved.

All proceeds, tickets, apparel sales, and consessions, from the series in St. Pete are going to the Houston relief effort. The game tickets are all general admission and $10 a piece. There were 8 or 10 people at work who were going to try and get down there, tonight, Wednesday night, or Thursday night. I'm afraid I can' get down there, so I'm going to give instead.

The Houston pregame video was played on the jumbotron and "Deep in the Heart of Texas" was played during the 7th inning stretch, just like they do in Houston. The Astros thanked the Rays for making them feel right at home.