Will Big Mike Get to 62?

Giancarlo Stanton has been on an unreal tear since the All-Star break. Dude has swatted 24 bombs in 41 games since the break. He's up to 50 on the year. With 33 games to go, can he get to 62? 70? Right now, if he keeps up his second half pace, he'll hit 69.

Dude is so fun to watch. It's like video game HRs when he connects.

I seem to think he should but as we get closer to playoff time and The Fish are in the hunt and they're playing teams still in contention, those teams are probably less likely to pitch to him especially with men on base.

So fun to watch! I find it hard to believe he can keep this pace up but this is also a total beast we are talking about not confined by the usual numbers of regular MLB players... He's hit 17 in August which is just insane. Big Mac hit 15 in September of 1998 and the most he hit in a month in 98 was 16 in May.

They play in Colorado on September 25th, the one year anniversary of the tragic death of Jose Fernandez. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something special happen that night.

Am I missing something here, what is the significance of getting to 62?

61*

Some feel the seasons in which Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa went beyond 61 it was tainted. In fairness, baseball old school guys de-legitimize Maris's 61* since it game in 162 games.