Outlook in Saint Matthews

Scrubb is there and they will be a Top 3 team if not the top all season. They are very good. Only thing they lack is a true post player, but not many teams possess that in the state beyond WV, Madison Central, and of course Cov Cath.

I'm out of the loop. So this scrubb kid was at a public HS ( central?) last year and was ineligible. I assume it was grades. He then transfers to trinty which is a fine academic school and he's eligible. Saw them in june ball and word was he "needed to work on some things." I hope the kid has righted the ship but I'm curious what the story is.

I'm out of the loop. So this scrubb kid was at a public HS ( central?) last year and was ineligible. I assume it was grades. He then transfers to trinty which is a fine academic school and he's eligible. Saw them in june ball and word was he "needed to work on some things." I hope the kid has righted the ship but I'm curious what the story is.

Way out of the loop and your off with your history. Jay was at Central his freshman season 3 years ago and did not play much if any. He transferred to Trinity his sophomore season and sat out to focus on his grades. Last season as a junior he played his first season of varsity basketball at Trinity. This is his senior season and 3rd in a row attending Trinity. He may have had some work to do this summer to keep the academics going in the right direction, but in my view there is not any story to be told if you know the history.

Coachlee, thanks for the clarification on Mr scrubb's status at Trinity. This is the kind of story I love to read. Trinity gives second chances to many students who previously struggled academically. Trinity installs a certain discipline into their students. They give their students the tools to succeed.

Yes, I would agree the knock at times in situation likes this is not always as it might seem. The fact they required Jay to sit an entire season to focus and improve his academics speaks volumes. For all I know perhaps he was not eligible due to GPA or whatever anyways, but I had heard it was a Trinity decision and not KHSAA call to have him sit.

I wish him the best his senior season. If he can come out on top and finish with NCAA eligibility it is a great comeback story. The young man has immense D1 talent at the next level, he could be special.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything changed at Trinity when they hired coach Lampley as their athletic director. As great a coach that coach Lampley was, he in my opinion was a better Athletic Director. He hired the best people available, and started upgrading all the sports at Trinity schedules.

With the basketball talent Trinity continues to get, I am surprised they have not won another state championship, or two by now. It is for sure they are well coached. Another given, they play hard nose defense. It is a sure thing they can light it up on offense. Any true basketball fans out there, care to offer their opinion on this.

Getting out of the 7th is not easy. When you come out of the 6th or 7th it is a battle and then you need to hit the reset button should you be fortunate enough to win it. Sometimes it is hard to get rolling again and if the draw is not kind to you there are always going to be some very strong teams that will be in your way. Trinity is going to be very tough the next two years.....very tough.