Newport Central Catholic 3 Highlands 0 (26-24, 25-23, 25-20)

When the Breds and Birds get together for anything you can expect a full house, tonight was no different, and in front of a PACKED house in the Fort the visiting Breds (7-0) win in 3 straight to remain undefeated.

Big tip of the cap to both student sections that showed up in full force. :ylsuper:

Game 1 - this one was nip n tuck until the Breds took a 16-13 lead, however the Birds battled back to take a 21-18 advantage. It looked like the Birds were going to escape as they held a 24-22 lead with the serve, but NewCath scores 4 straight for the 26-24 win.

Game 2 - Highlands races out to a 12-8 lead, NewCath comes back to go ahead 14-13. Birds go up 18-15, but the Breds tie things up at 18's. Highlands goes up 21-19, Breds then go up 23-21, Birds tie things at 23's.....but NewCath gets the next 2 points to win 25-23.

Game 3 - Breds race out to leads of 13-5 and 19-8, but the Birds get the score to 19-13 when NewCath calls a timeout to regroup. The Breds stop the bleeding and grab a 22-17 lead, but Highlands goes on another run and get it to 23-19 and NewCath calls another TO. The timeout strategy works and the Breds go on to win 25-20.

This was the first time this season seeing the Breds and I was very impressed with the play of Fr. Madison McCloskey, young lady can get up off the floor. Also, have to give a "shout-out" to my niece Maddie "sticks" Kramer, she is improving nicely.........and if you've never seen Mikah Freepon play, you are missing out.

Mikah Freppon reminds me of the pitcher Randy Johnson. Can throw one by you at 98 and you have no chance or can throw you a changeup that makes you look silly.

She does so many things well most people don't notice it. The hitters really benefit from her sets, and she can hammer the ball when hitting.

Mikah Freppon reminds me of the pitcher Randy Johnson. Can throw one by you at 98 and you have no chance or can throw you a changeup that makes you look silly.

Does Tom have another D1 volleyball daughter in the making? Her sister played for X correct?