Former Ballard Head Coach Mike Jackson now an Assistant at Trinity

thsrocks

After one year as a television broadcaster for Louisville area high school football, Mike Jackson returns to coaching as an assistant at Trinity High School. Coach Jackson proved successful as the leader of three Kentucky programs. Under Coach Jackson's tutelage From 2008-2015, Louisville's Ballard Bruins went 57-40, reaching the state semi-finals for 6A in 2014. As the head coach of Class A Pikeville Panthers, his teams went 25-12 from 2005-2007. The Oldham County Colonels competed in Class AAA and Class AAAA with Jackson in charge from 1997-2004. The OCHS compiled a 61-31 record during these eight seasons.

While at Trinity, Head Coach Bob Beatty has a history of hiring men with prior head coaching experience. Current Shamrock staff members with previous roles running football programs include Chad Carpenter, Jay Cobb, and Andrew Coverdale. Long-time quarterbacks coach, Oscar Brohm, was offered the Louisville Holy Cross top job years ago before deciding to remain at Trinity.

Didn't think Mike could stay out of coaching too long!

I've been fortunate enough to count Mike Jackson as one of my friends for the last 20 years (has it really been that long, Mike??) and he's one of my all-time favorite coaches. He's a great addition to Trinity's staff.

Congrats to the Rocks and good luck to coach J!