Kenton County Scrimmage Middle Schools 7th & 8th Grades this past Saturday

Brcatz

The teams Woodland, Twenhofel, Summit View Academy, TurkeyFoot 7th & 8th Grades

From what I saw Woodland looks to be the Favorite. WOW they put on a show.

7th grade defense did not allow a TD in all 3 games...They scored at least 6-9 times each game...

8th grade defense allowed 1 TD, And scored at will, 6-9 times also each game...

Both teams looked very fast and well conditioned. Great job to the Coaches as well, very organized and the teams were on par with subs, plays, sportsmanship...

Hats off to Twenhofel for hosting, Concessions was great and everything ran smooth...

The varsity game between Woodland and Turkeyfoot was close. Those two teams looking pretty good. The kids from Woodland like to talk a lot from what I could hear. TMS and SVA have a lot of catching up to do if they want to compete with the other two.

Always a fun event. Teams still working on a lot of stuff, all really only had 1 week of contact prior to the scrimmage. Woodland and TF 8th was close, with Woodland scoring 3x and TF scoring once. I'm sure all teams will be get better over the coming weeks. And Campbell County will likely be solid as usual. Should be a fun season.

Edited by rjs4470

Did Campbell scrimmage some place else?

Don't know. This was a Kenton County only scrimmage which is held every year as a fundraiser for charity. Just mentioned Campbell because they are in the league, and are the defending champions.

The varsity game between Woodland and Turkeyfoot was close. Those two teams looking pretty good. The kids from Woodland like to talk a lot from what I could hear. TMS and SVA have a lot of catching up to do if they want to compete with the other two.

Sounds like Twenhofel and Summit View keep on struggling? Twenhofel has a boat load of kids.