Rowan County 42 Nicholas County 6 (Scrimmage)

This was my first visit to Nicholas County high school and overall, even with the lonesome drive on some narrow roads, I am 100% glad I was able to take it both games there this weekend.

As I watched the teams warming up the first thing that stuck out was difference in big advantage Rowen County has with the amount of players dressed. Then the overall size factor came into play.

Rowan County did not was time putting points on the board. On the games first play from scrimmage, Chris Bolton to it to the house from 70-yards out and he was not touched. Nick Tiedman connected with the point after kick to make this a 7-0 game, with less than a minute going in this one.

The next time the Vikings had the ball they needed just two plays to go 58-yards and make this a two score game.The score came on a 56-yard run by,Tabor Wright. The point after made this a 14-0 game, with 9:21 left in the first.

The Blue Jackets senior quarterback, Brandon Baxter connected with Junior Isaac Fryman for a 41-yard touchdown. Fryman was wide opened and scored easily on the play. A bad snap caused the point after try to be not good and left the score 14-6 Vikings, with 7:01 left in the first.

At the 1:41 mark of the quarter the Vikings put the ball on the ground, on the far side of the field. It looked liked Kody Campbell of the Blue Jackets came up with it.

There would be no more scoring in the quarter as each team looked to build on what they had accomplished in the opening quarter.

The Vikings would get a nice run by senior Dillon Thomas,who picked up 9-yards as he went straight up the gut of the Blue Jackets line.

At the 8:17 mark of the quarter Thomas used some very good work by his line to gain three yards, on a fourth and two call.

The 14-play, 62-yard drive came to a climax on a 6-yard run on a sweep by Tabor Wright. The point after made this a 21-6 game, with 6:44 left in the half.

With 3:22 left in the half, the Blue Jackets got a pick by Baxter in the end zone to halt another Viking score At this point of the game this was a huge play and kept the home team in the game.

With Uncle Mo on the home side Fryman picked up 17-yards on a very good reverse play.

The drive continued with a nice play from Baxter, who avoid crazy pressure to connect with, Cain Saucedo for a 13-yard gain.

The Vikings defense put an end to the drive when Drew Holbrook picked off a pass and made a very good return on it. with 1:29 left in the half.

Devon Stevens, the Rowan County quarterback would find Will Cox for a 34-yard score to make this a 28-6 game, after the point after kick. Cox easily beat the defense to get wide opened, making the completion an easy one.

Baxter would be sacked by the Vikings Chandler Cornett to end the half.

The final frame of the varsity part of this show would result in one more score from the Vikings to make this a 35-6 score.

With 7:47 Mason Ramey picked up 24-yards and then a 15-yards were tacked on because of a personal foul called on the Blue Jackets.On fourth and thirteen the Vikings used a sweep by Gage Wilder to pick up 24-yards. The drive ended when, Mason Ramey broke multiple tackles to score from six-yards out. The point after kick by Nathan Besant increased the Vikings lead to 35-6.

The JV part of the contest would see a six-yard score by Freshman, Cole Wallace, after the point after kick by #61(not in my program)made this a 42-6 game.

#61 From Rowan County came up with a fumble recovery at his own 18 with :59 seconds left in the contest.

UNOFFICIAL STATS

ROWAN COUNTY

56 PLAYS

442 YARDS

PASSING 2-9 1 TD, 1 INT

NICHOLAS COUNTY

32 PLAYS

173 YARDS

PASSING 5-9 1 TD 1 INT

Rowan county is much improved , got about 80 kids on the roster , a pickup of about 30 kids from last year after graduating around 10 seniors, that caused a lot of problems for the Jackets ... . so I look for them to make some noise in their respective class ... Nicholas County has a few things to figure out but they will be fine in their respective class ... the bluejackets missed a lot of tackles that led to some easy scores for the Vikings ... but that's what a scrimmage is for , to see what you have to work on ... good luck to both teams this year !!!