5A #5 Fern Creek vs 6A Seneca

Pete W

Who wins Fern Creek or Seneca  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Fern Creek or Seneca

• Fern Creek
    • Seneca

Fern Creek is coming off their 2nd straight 5A semifinal appearance and were 11-3 in 2016. Seneca went 1-10 last season, the Redhawks started the season with 50 total players in the program and finished with 18. Seneca has a new coach in former U of L linebacker Preston Smith, with a new coach comes excitement and the roster lists 35 players on varsity. Last season Fern Creek won 33-0 in the first week of the season.

Fern Creek must replace nearly all of its offensive production, has 2 QB's competing for the job and 4 guys playing running back by committee. The Tigers had a strong showing in the scrimmage vs PRP, showing a more balanced offense both passing and running effectively.

Can the new coach and excitement around the program level the playing field for Seneca or will Fern Creek be able to get the season started in a lopsided win.

I would never guarantee a win, Coach Abell would kill me. However I can guarantee we will look good. Will be wearing one of the new sets of jerseys and have the new look helmets. I went in for a little over 5 hours and striped up 43 helmets. About 30 ish to go.

image1.JPG