5A #1 Bowling Green vs 6A North Hardin

Pete W

Who wins Bowling Green or North Hardin  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Bowling Green or North Hardin

• Bowling Green
    • North Hardin

Game is at Western Kentucky University.

The two time defending 5A Champions Bowling Green coming off 15-0 season and a strong outing in the scrimmage vs Male, start the season against North Hardin. North Hardin finished 6-5 last season, the last time the two played was September 12th 2008, Bowling Green won that matchup 28-7.

Do the Trojans have a chance against the Purples or do the champs continue to roll?

42-3 BG

I wouldn't be surprised is North Hardin doesn't score at all in this one. The Purples are better than I expected from what I read in the updates yesterday.

Not sure about North Hardin's kicking situation. So I figure the Trojans will get 6 before they get 3.

IIRC, North Hardin beat Spencer County, a fringe top-10 team in its class with a D-I FBS player, like 33-12 in its scrimmage.

Bowling Green is awfully good. Not taking anything away from the Purples.

But I would NOT be shocked if North Hardin keeps it out of running clock territory.

BGHS is anxious to begin their quest of another championship season. Certainly, they take a step or two back from last season's team but this years squad is wanting to prove to the state that they belong!

Perhaps BG lost as much or more significant players in starting lineup than anyone in the state. 15 starters (3 of which were top skill guys). If they can manage a state championship this year it would be a farce if Coach Wallace doesn't win coach of the year.

As far as Saturday night contest is concerned, I think North Hardin will be in for a long night. Purples will look to mark their territory and make a statement to all 5A schools. I think Purples achieve running clock by or before end of 3rd quarter.

Purples 54

North Hardin 7

When you have established an environment of excellence the departures aren't felt as bad. The kids that return to BG's lineup know what excellence looks like and they know what it takes to get there. This is why BG is so good year after year (great athletes don't hurt either). BG really big.

BGHS is anxious to begin their quest of another championship season. Certainly, they take a step or two back from last season's team but this years squad is wanting to prove to the state that they belong!

Perhaps BG lost as much or more significant players in starting lineup than anyone in the state. 15 starters (3 of which were top skill guys). If they can manage a state championship this year it would be a farce if Coach Wallace doesn't win coach of the year.

As far as Saturday night contest is concerned, I think North Hardin will be in for a long night. Purples will look to mark their territory and make a statement to all 5A schools. I think Purples achieve running clock by or before end of 3rd quarter.

Purples 54

North Hardin 7

You have a deeper roster than some 6a programs and bonafide stars in Dingle, Tisdale and Kenner. Plus, are there really many "princes" in 5A which have shown complete games enough to compete with BG?

You're not going to find many folks jumping on the "Poor Purples" bandwagon.