6A #1 Trinity hosts 6A Carmel (IN)

thsrocks

Who wins and why?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

The Shamrocks regular season begins at home versus the Greyhounds this Friday evening. Carmel, with an enrollment of 5,000, is the largest school in Indiana and is located near Indianapolis. The Greyhounds are the defending 6A Champions in Indiana and are currently rated #1 by the Indiana Football Coaches Association. Trinity’s offensive line will be tested and Sr. QB Nick Bohn will need to be elusive.

The home field advantage may decide this one. Carmel is well-coached, talented and deep. Special teams and Rondale Moore will help Trinity turn back Carmel. The teams split the 2013-14 series.

Oddly enough, i dont recall playing Carmel up there. They won 10-7 @ Trinity though, right?

I didn't get a good feel for how Trinity's running game looked vs Ryle. Playing a team like Carmel I have to believe you will need a balanced attack. I know Nick Bohn will buy time and can scramble very well and make plays but I wouldn't want to live on that for a whole game. How will the running game/OL hold up will be the key question for these first few games.