3A #9 Paducah Tilghman at 6A McCracken County

gchs_uk9

Who Wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Paducah Tilghman
    • McCracken County

Tilghman travels out of the city limits to face rival McCracken County. The Blue Tornado have been an enigma for several years while the Mustangs have proven themselves capable regular season winners but have had little success in the postseason. Who starts their season with a bang in 2017?

I guess I will go first-

I'm not sure if anyone can make a clear pick considering all the factors for both teams:

New coach, check

New offense, check

New defense, check

New QB, check

Talent turnover, check

Both schools are facing huge changes, but seem to be excited about their new coaches.

PT looks towards a new ground and pound attack, whereas MC looks to continue to spread it out.

Who wins Saturday night? My guess is the team that controls the time of possession.

This topic normally gets 10+ pages of banter......

I agree True Blue! My sense of things is:

1. From a Paducah Tilghman standpoint, the 4 coaches in 5 seasons has now taken hold of the fan base. Where now only the "true blue" fans are around now to support the unknown 2017 campaign.

2. From a McCracken County standpoint, new coach and graduation, plus "lower expectations" lead a vibrant McCracken fan base to keep their heads close to the homestead as if they venture far out on a limb they get cut off regularly at this point in time.

Actually, I think this will be a fascinating game. When you "really" don't know what to expect and both teams realistically have a chance to win. Isn't that what high school football is all about? Should be a Great Game!!!

They will never merge the two schools because of the history of Paducah Tilghman. It would create an amazing athletic dynamic in all sports but it would never happen. I believe that merging several schools across the state would help with taxes and allow for better school buildings and athletics. Think about if Graves County and Mayfield were to combine on the western end of the state as well. When there are several schools in 1 county the money gets divided up instead of combining it.