Dixie/Campbell County Predictions

Who do you think wins this game?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dixie's run game is gonna be tough to stop in this one. I think it depends on the Dixie D, how quick they can gel. I'm thinking the Dixie defense will bend but I don't think it breaks, I'm going Dixie by a possession.

The Dixie Heights Colonels finished 6-6 in 2016, falling to Fern Creek in the 2nd round of the 5A playoffs. The Campbell County Camels went 4-8 and lost in the 2nd round of the 6A playoffs to Simon Kenton.

The last time they met was October 10th 2014, Dixie Heights won 43-0.

Who gets the fast start in 2016, the Camels or the Colonels?

This is one of the most interesting opening week games. Both these teams have believers that this will be a really good year and both have people who doubt they are as good as the believers think they are. Both teams appear to have the pieces in place for a good year, but there is a bit of mystery. This game is a great opportunity for both of these teams to make an early statement to everyone about how good they are.

Campbell County has won 5 games in the last 2 seasons and the Camels struggle this year. Campbell County front 7 on defense will be better but the secondary is weaker this year. Offensively Austin Hoeh struggles throwing with accuracy so teams will play 8 in the box to stop Alex Dowds and a good running game. I see Dixie winning by 7.

Campbell County has won 5 games in the last 2 seasons and the Camels struggle this year. Campbell County front 7 on defense will be better but the secondary is weaker this year. Offensively Austin Hoeh struggles throwing with accuracy so teams will play 8 in the box to stop Alex Dowds and a good running game. I see Dixie winning by 7.

Austin Hoeh has looked very good in 7's and the scrimmage this past Friday. He looks very comfortable and is making good decisions. Passing game will be a strength.