Bowling Green vs. Male updates (Scrimmage)

Game report for Purples in a nutshell.

Very few, if any, coaching staffs will outmatch Purples Staff

Purples Defense will get better every week.

Beau BuCANNON is going to be a gamer. Although this was a scrimmage, Louisville Male is not a slouch. For the first time on the field he looked very good, very accurate and will have several long ball TDs this year.

Defensive line needs some work. First 3 games this season (North Hardin, PRP, St. X) will grow them up pretty fast.

Vito Tisdale is truly a remarkable athlete. I think he will be a featured player not only across our state but throughout country in next couple of years. I would encourage anyone that hasn't seen him play to tune in to purplesnation.com sometime this year.

For 15 new helmets on the field and to handle Male like they did was impressive to say the least.

Bowling Green is much better than I expected. It was 35-6 when the subs started the 4th quarter. The Defense was very good for this time of the year. The Bucannon kid is going to be a great QB in this offense. The Purples special teams needs a lot of work. And then there is the Tisdale kid. He is fun to watch. I was a little worried about this young group of Purples, but I think they will just keep winning like the group before them. It's a great day to be a Purple!

I'd probably pump the brakes a bit. Male was out of shape, and returned 2 starters on each side of the ball I heard. Neither team executed well by any means.

Cats,

I agree with you about pumping the brakes off a scrimmage. But I am curious as to what you would expect and call "executing well" for an offense with 4 TDs and a defense that didn't give up a TD (Male ran a TD back). Knowing BG lost a lot to graduation and playing the #4 ranked 6A squad.

No excuses. Male got it handed to them by the Purples. There was no score on the board in this scrimmage. Purples varsity handled the Bulldogs early. Male had no idea how to defend BG quick passes. Male's running back looks very good and the offensive line settled down and helped move the ball. A couple of end zone throws could have evened the score but one was snatched out of the Male receivers hand. The other was picked off by the Male db but after a scrum, officials called it a BG touchdown. Both teams returned a kickoff for a touchdown.

Once the JV took the field I truly felt like Male had the advantage and quickly scored two long touchdowns on screen passes. Depth may become a factor for both teams.

Best of luck to both teams moving forward. I hope BG comes to Male next year for a scrimmage.

No excuses. Male got it handed to them by the Purples. There was no score on the board in this scrimmage. Purples varsity handled the Bulldogs early. Male had no idea how to defend BG quick passes. Male's running back looks very good and the offensive line settled down and helped move the ball. A couple of end zone throws could have evened the score but one was snatched out of the Male receivers hand. The other was picked off by the Male db but after a scrum, officials called it a BG touchdown. Both teams returned a kickoff for a touchdown.

Once the JV took the field I truly felt like Male had the advantage and quickly scored two long touchdowns on screen passes. Depth may become a factor for both teams.

Best of luck to both teams moving forward. I hope BG comes to Male next year for a scrimmage.