Juveniles shoot 13 cows in Pike County

jericho

Im sure not. Just bored ignorance. Gonna be a tough lesson
That is it in a nutshell. They were out shooting the AR and somehow one thing led to another and they decided to mow down some cows. Not smart, but not a crime that was thought out or aimed at either owner.

Total loss will be more than $20k by the time they are done. There is still some missing cows too.

It's probably kids who's parents don't have two nickels to rub together. If that's the case it will be difficult to collect that $20,000.

A friend of mine had his house broken into by two juveniles about 7 years ago. They broke lamps, musical instruments or anything they could bust up. Took knives and cut up his furniture, sofas, etc. Broke the screens on all his TV's and computers. Then stole his pickup and it was later found wrecked. They were caught because he had a camera system installed, but their parents were poor and about all that happened was they spent a short stay in a juvenile detention facility in Breathitt County. The homeowner was never reimbursed for his losses.

It's probably kids who's parents don't have two nickels to rub together. If that's the case it will be difficult to collect that $20,000.

A friend of mine had his house broken into by two juveniles about 7 years ago. They broke lamps, musical instruments or anything they could bust up. Took knives and cut up his furniture, sofas, etc. Broke the screens on all his TV's and computers. Then stole his pickup and it was later found wrecked. They were caught because he had a camera system installed, but their parents were poor and about all that happened was they spent a short stay in a juvenile detention facility in Breathitt County. The homeowner was never reimbursed for his losses.

I would think homeowners insurance would cover that.

I would think homeowners insurance would cover that.

I don't know if his insurance covered or not. But I do recall him saying that he never received any reimbursement from the families of the juveniles, mainly because they didn't have any means of repaying. The kids got by with a serious criminal act with no more than a week or two in a juvenile detention center and a slap on the wrist.