When Marty goes.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, other than Marty they haven't really had a permanent 2nd banana in quite a while. Brantley, Kelsch, Brenehan Jr, Welch, Flynn have all filled that position. I have always liked Jeff Piecoro, Doug Flynn, thought Joe Morgan would be good, I've really warmed up to Dan Hoard, I do like Chris Welch. I don't think Brantley would want to do the number of games it takes however if I were to guess, I'd say Brenehan Jr and Brantley would get the nod. Just something about Thom's voice that my ears can't deal with.

Thom would not be an upgrade. In fact, he would be a major downgrade IMO.

My pick for the radio side play by play would be Dan Hoard. No one else currently in this market is even close.

I'm not as high on Hoard as you but as I noted in previous post Hoard is growing on me. I just think his radio personality is a little drab at times.

Paul Keels ever done baseball?

Well, other than Marty they haven't really had a permanent 2nd banana in quite a while. Brantley, Kelsch, Brenehan Jr, Welch, Flynn have all filled that position. I have always liked Jeff Piecoro, Doug Flynn, thought Joe Morgan would be good, I've really warmed up to Dan Hoard, I do like Chris Welch. I don't think Brantley would want to do the number of games it takes however if I were to guess, I'd say Brenehan Jr and Brantley would get the nod. Just something about Thom's voice that my ears can't deal with.

So does Joe Morgan.

I'm not as high on Hoard as you but as I noted in previous post Hoard is growing on me. I just think his radio personality is a little drab at times.

Paul Keels ever done baseball?

Just found out Keels did broadcast Redlegs games in 2010.