Andrew Taylor commits to Furman

Andrew is following in the footsteps of another Corbin great, Frank Selvy, who once scored 100 points in a game for Furman University.

There were actually a few Corbin players who have played at Furman, including Jerry Smith, who I believe is in their Hall of Fame and Gus Hauser, who went their on a tennis scholarship and also ended up playing basketball.

Ive heard rumors of him going to prep school this upcoming year. Will he be playing for the red hounds this season or not?

Congrats Andrew.

I would be shocked if Andrew didn't play for Corbin this year. I think he and his family absolutely love the school, plus his younger brother plays bball there as well. Doesn't make sense.

LC99,

A few of the ones off the top of my head are: Eastern Kentucky, Appalachian State, Winthrop, Furman, UT-Arlington, Elon, Stetson, Belmont, Wright State, Davidson, Vermont, Wofford, Penn, Air Force, Mercer, Cleveland State, and Presbyterian College. I know he had some interest from Vandy as well.

Andrew started out the AAU season playing with 22 Vision out of Northern Kentucky. He then played with Louisville Magic, another Adidas Gauntlet Gold program, and one of the tops in the country. During the Bob Gibbons event (presented by Hoop Seen), Taylor averaged over 21 points per game and was named as one of the tournament’s “Super Six.”