Glen Campbell Mt Rushmore of Country Music?

Close, but not quite.

Loved his variety show back in the day. The "Blaze Glory" skits were classic.

Yes, I believe his problem is some didn't see him as country but kind of a crossover to pop, like Dolly, who should get consideration, also. Conway Twitty and Charlie Rich, it is tough to pick 4.

Yes, I believe his problem is some didn't see him as country but kind of a crossover to pop, like Dolly, who should get consideration, also. Conway Twitty and Charlie Rich, it is tough to pick 4.

Willie Nelson would have to be considered as well.

On spot with this post. Honestly, I was a little surprised when people kept referring to him as a country singer when the news of his death came out.

Brad Paisley says so, I say not. I liked him, but no.

Hank Williams

Johnny Cash

Merle Haggard

Loretta Lynn

That is a solid 4 and Ranger La Boeuf as great as he is doesn't make the Country Music Mt. Rushmore. Maybe George Jones for Merle, maybe not...that's tough.

The carvings are complete on Williams, Cash and Lynn, there is still a little discussion on the fourth but it's not Campbell...and I love me some Glen Campbell.

Dolly would absolutely make a Country Music Female Mt Rushmore along with Cline, Lynn and Wynette.

Been a tough day . Simply put, Campbell was probably the best studio musician ever. AS a guitarist, he ranks right up there with the greats. Played guitar on songs of other great performers, including Elvis' Viva Las Vegas and the Righteous Brothers' You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling . Glen was a consummate entertainer. The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour was great fun.

Whether or not he would be on the Mt Rushmore of country greats is up for debate. However, when it comes to the Mt Rushmore of studio musicians, Glen towers over the others, in my opinion.

Been a tough day . Simply put, Campbell was probably the best studio musician ever. AS a guitarist, he ranks right up there with the greats. Played guitar on songs of other great performers, including Elvis' Viva Las Vegas and the Righteous Brothers' You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling . Glen was a consummate entertainer. The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour was great fun.

Whether or not he would be on the Mt Rushmore of country greats is up for debate. However, when it comes to the Mt Rushmore of studio musicians, Glen towers over the others, in my opinion.

Leon Russell was with him on the Wrecking Crew and they were tough to beat in the day. Well they owned studio music. If a performer or performers wanted things done they contacted the Wrecking Crew.