AJ McCarron on the Move?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals would be crazy to trade him right now and won't. They might right before the season and only if a contender would be loses their starting QB for the year and are willing to go bankrupt on draft picks because that is what Mike Brown does. If not, the Bengals have to and will keep him. You never know in this league when your QB goes down and your season with it. The Bengals have some luxury there. Nice to have for as long as you can.

The worse thing for AJ may be to play this year. If he plays and is mediocre or stinks it up his value drops a bunch. If he plays well it would go up, but I am not sure much more than if he sits another one. The only way he doesn't get paid handsomely is to play and suck.

He is probably not wired that way, but....

The worse thing for AJ may be to play this year. If he plays and is mediocre or stinks it up his value drops a bunch. If he plays well it would go up, but I am not sure much more than if he sits another one. The only way he doesn't get paid handsomely is to play and suck.

Very true

Elway made a post on Twitter with the tagline #fakenews

From YardBird

The Denver Broncos’ quarterback situation is less than stellar heading into their first preseason game. Second-year quarterback Paxton Lynch has struggled big-time in camp. And while Trevor Siemian has separated himself from the pack, there’s still a lot of questions at this position.

It led to one report on Wednesday morning indicating that the Broncos were “aggressively” pursuing Cincinnati Bengals backup A.J. McCarron.

elway_twitter_avatar3_normal.jpgJohn Elway

@johnelway

Rumor of us being interested in anyone other than the QBs we have is another example of irresponsible, fake news!!

10:39 AM - Aug 9, 2017

Well, newly-extended Broncos general manager John Elway took to Twitter to snuff out that report almost immediately after it made its way to the water cooler.

If you want a bit of entertainment, check the responses from Broncos fans regarding Elway’s use of “fake news.”

In any event, the idea of Denver trading for McCarron doesn’t exactly make a lot of sense. First off, Cincinnati is unlikely to move the valuable backup to a fellow AFC Playoff contender.

Secondly, the Broncos just exhausted a first-round pick on Lynch. Would they really be willing to give up another high-round selection for a soon-to-be free agent? We’re not too sure.

It will definitely be interesting to see how the Broncos’ quarterback situation plays out during the preseason. But in reality, whoever wins the job is currently on the roster. Elway made that clear Wednesday.

The real fun with AJ is "Will he really be a FA next year because he was on IR for most of his rookie year?" In other words, did he get a full year of service? That will probably be settled through arbitration and could get ugly between the Bengals and his camp. The Bengals have been known to play bully and would not surprise if they let this one be decided that way.

Yes and no. If he plays bad you're right. I just have a hard time seeing him play bad with the weapons we have on offense. He shown he is very capable while not even getting many reps with the first team offense. Plus he did his thing while not even having Eifert for a few games when he started. Which we know Eifert makes a big difference to this offense.

He played in two big prime time games and played well against the Broncos and Steelers. Should have won them the playoff game in the rain. So I just have a hard time seeing him play bad, if he does get to play.

The real fun with AJ is "Will he really be a FA next year because he was on IR for most of his rookie year?" In other words, did he get a full year of service? That will probably be settled through arbitration and could get ugly between the Bengals and his camp. The Bengals have been known to play bully and would not surprise if they let this one be decided that way.

Very true. Honestly I think the Bengals are right to play hard ball with it. If they do get to keep him for another year. It allows them the option to trade him if they want or have him here for one more year.

It's good and bad with it. But the Bengals are one of the best if not the best at allowing players to play out their contracts and get every cent in that contract even when they probably should have cut them because of their play slipping. So I have no problem with them fighting to keep McCarron one more year, when the Bengals are very player friendly when it comes to contracts and players getting their full money. Sometimes you have to make tough choices. While it would suck for McCarron, it would be better for the team.

Yes and no. If he plays bad you're right. I just have a hard time seeing him play bad with the weapons we have on offense. He shown he is very capable while not even getting many reps with the first team offense. Plus he did his thing while not even having Eifert for a few games when he started. Which we know Eifert makes a big difference to this offense.

He played in two big prime time games and played well against the Broncos and Steelers. Should have won them the playoff game in the rain. So I just have a hard time seeing him play bad, if he does get to play.

That wasn't my point, I certainly want him to play well and think he would, however, as you acknowledged, teams still don't have a 6 game book on him and when they do the ywill stop what he does best. My biggest plus with AJ is I just think he has the "it" factor. I need to see more but he does come up clutch in big moments in big games.

That wasn't my point, I certainly want him to play well and think he would, however, as you acknowledged, teams still don't have a 6 game book on him and when they do the ywill stop what he does best. My biggest plus with AJ is I just think he has the "it" factor. I need to see more but he does come up clutch in big moments in big games.

Agreed. Which I know we disagree on this. However especially if the Bengals get to keep McCarron one more year. If for some reason the Bengals just fall flat this year and miss the playoffs. I would start over by obviously not signing Marvin and trading Dalton for high draft picks. I think McCarrons it factor and leadership would be good for this younger team and would be a good place to start over.

It is Daltons team this year and I hope he plays great and the team does great, and we don't have to worry about all that other stuff.