1A #6 Raceland vs 3A Lawrence County

Bac2369

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Did you read the results from the scrimmage with Fleming?

6+ fumbles, blown assignments, gassed after 2 qtrs, missed tackles.

But to answer your question, no. But I was there to witness it in person. We have talent but I haven't seen how this group handles 4 qtrs and the schedule we have. Time will tell.

Rams have a mental edge over the Dawgs, but LC should be improved from last year and the rams will take a step back, imo at least early on. I still think we will find a way to win. Right now the Rams need to play fundamental football and take care of the pigskin. This is a big first game for both teams, both squads need to start off with a win, desperately.

Rams 20

Dawgs 14

Fleming co is no where near the team they was last year . Just to put that out there.

They certainly didn't look like it Friday. Replacing 4 linemen on offense and 3 on defense looks like a tall task for them. Sam Johnson left a big hole on O and D. Eugene Hamm was a stud and will not be replaced.

They will get 14 Jaden Campbell (was Waller) back this week. He just punted in the grid. He will help athletically, but again, I don't think that was the issue Friday.

I think athletically, they can beat a lot of their schedule but won't win any big games unless the line play improves dramatically.

Raceland is going to face some of the typical "young team" problems and hopefully will be much better come district schedule. There is some talent there, just not a lot of experience.

As for this one, it should be a typical hard hitting, no quit in either team h.s. football game. LC should be much improved and ready to return to the winning ways they are so known for. I have as much respect for the "Dawgs" as ever.

Having said that I believe that w/ this being the Ram Legends / Football H.O.F. weekend that Raceland will pull out a Win.

Raceland 17

Lawrence 8

GO RAMS !