Who bought lottery tickets?

TAC

I seldom ever play the lottery, but after hearing some folks at the clerks office today, I swung buy a store and picked up some. I think I'm on a heater ever since I got my .22 cents back from AT&T. :laugh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the "Taxation of the poor". I'm not poor and I play every once and a while. I don't play b/c it gets over a certain amount, I play when I have cash on me, I happen to stop at a place that sells powerball and I think about it. Heck winning 10 million is just as good as 300 million to me.

I don't get the "Taxation of the poor". I'm not poor and I play every once and a while. I don't play b/c it gets over a certain amount, I play when I have cash on me, I happen to stop at a place that sells powerball and I think about it. Heck winning 10 million is just as good as 300 million to me.

You can afford to gamble a few bucks every once in a while, the poor can't.

It is often referred to as a regressive tax in that the people who can least afford it spend the most on the lottery. And the money they are spending is grocery, rent and utilities money. (They aren't using their cigarette and beer money. Some things are sacred :D )

In my unscientific survey, approximately 85.9% of those buying lottery tickets / scratch-offs at my local Speedway also bought cigarettes. Of those, 87.3% also bought some sort of Monster / Red Bull type product.

*Your results may vary*

Most common purchase at a Family Dollar is a smoke and a coke. (Actually Mountain Dew). But that didn't sound as good.