BluegrassPreps Class 2A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

Class 2A

This is about to be a loaded top tier of Class 2A and the top contenders have no problem stepping up in Week 0 to begin an exciting season. Each of the Top 6 teams will play opponents capable of beating them with a few 6A foes and a Tennessee powerhouse among the lot. Walton-Verona and Glasgow both have questions to answer to validate their rankings and will each have a platform against solid season openers as well.

1. Danville vs. 6A Frederick Douglass (8/19)

2. Christian Academy- Louisville vs. 5A #8 South Oldham

3. Lexington Christian Academy vs. 3A Waggener (8/19)

4. DeSales vs. 6A #10 Ballard

5. Mayfield at Union City (TN)

6. Owensboro Catholic vs. 6A Daviess County

7. Newport Central Catholic at 4A Scott

8. Somerset vs. 4A Bourbon County at Lincoln County

9. Walton-Verona at 4A East Jessamine

10. Glasgow vs. 1A #7 Russellville

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who expected Mayfield to be ranked that low? Do they belong higher? Is Danville the team to beat in 2017? Can LCA prove they belong? Who has a chance to play their way into the Top 10? Who will drop after the season gets started?

Dont think it will help them this year.

So who is just that much better? I think they have everything to make a run? I mean really it's wide open but to say there schedule won't have ready is laughable.

So who is just that much better? I think they have everything to make a run? I mean really it's wide open but to say there schedule won't have ready is laughable.

To play Devil's advocate... you have to be careful playing too tough of a schedule.

Ask Covington Catholic last year.

Iron sharpens iron for sure, but losing also opens up sores that never appear when on the winning side of the scoreboard. You also run the risk of injury when playing teams who are bigger than you and with fresher legs.

Playing a tough slate is NewCath's M.O. though and it ahs definitely worked over the year. Hard to argue that it won't work again.

I personally believe mayfield is about the 3-4 best team in 2a. But remember the road to the state championship must come through war memorial stadium as long as mayfield wins out. And we all know opponents dreams come to die at war memorial stadium.

And that's a long 4-hour ride from Louisville! But hey the Turkey will still taste good!