Saturday 8/12

8:00am Cooper vs. Dayton

9:30am Scott vs. Walton Verona

11:00am Ryle vs. Campbell County

12:30pm Beechwood vs. Bishop Brossart

5:00pm Dixie vs. Hamilton, OH

6:30pm Highlands vs. W. Clermont, OH

8:00pm Notre Dame vs. W. Jessamine

Matches are 2, 40 minute halves, 5 minute half time. No Overtime.

Tickets: $5 / adult, $3 / child. A weekend pass for all games is $7.

Some very interesting matchups. Boone County vs Newport Central Catholic and Simon Kenton vs. St. Henry on Friday night.

Notre Dame vs. W. Jessamine in the marquee game on Saturday. This a rematch of their State Tournament match last season, won by W Jessamine 2-1, ironically on the same field. How long have the Girls Soccerama been hosting OH and KY teams from down state, seems new?

$7 weekend pass is a steal of a deal.

My understanding is Dixie wanted to raise the profile and interest in the event by expanding outside of NKY. They hosted a showcase for girls basketball last season where nationally ranked teams participated and the gym was filled with college coaches. Was told all traditional participants were invited, a few either elected not to play or did not respond.

Feels like there is an extra game this year, I could be wrong.

I have no issues with it. Kind of like the traditional way of having only NKY teams since it provides some comparison between only these teams. But if as you say some elected to not play or didn't respond (why) then Dixie has every right to host the event as they choose. Just hope it doesn't lead to a situation where in a few yrs its only 50% or so NKY teams.

Understand wanting to see local teams compete against each other, that said in girls soccer the stands are 80% empty for most games. IMO creating a pre-season environment that will draw more fans, media and potentially college coaches is a net win for the players. Creating a buzz early in the year for the sport is a positive.

My guess is you won't have to worry about Soccerama being filled with teams outside NKY. The locals will automatically play. Requires a lot more effort to get big name opponents from outside the immediate area to participate. The girls basketball event at DH worked because of the connections of a few within the program. Even with those contacts, it was a very big undertaking from what I understand. Crosstown Showdown in H.S. FB by Tom Gamble, while much bigger probably takes the full year to organize.

Most H.S. staffs don't have the time, nor a marketing department to make that happen!

It should would be nice, especially for the players and coaching staffs to see a lot more spectators in the stands each game. There are ideas, students get in free of charge, buy one get one (get in free next game) boys and girls double headers, youth get in free when they wear their soccer jersey. Add halftime entertainment such as students from each school do pks, dog catching frisbees, etc, etc. Minor league baseball has proven promotions work.

Another problem, so many teams play on the same night, impossible to be in two places at the same time.

Anyone know how good W Clermont, OH is?

Is West Clermont the brand new school?

Glen Este and Amelia merged to form West Clermont. I don't think they will be very strong. Glen Este wasn't very good and I think Amelia graduated their big guns from last year. Does anyone have the results from these games?

Great event. Except for SKs coach acting like a fool when he threatened to not play unless he warmed up on the field turf and not the grass areas! Really? It was okay for 19 teams, including Dixie, but not SK.

Dixie vs. Hamilton, OH -> 3-3 draw

Highlands vs. W. Clermont, OH -> 2-1 Highlands

Notre Dame vs. W. Jessamine -> 1-0 West J on a PK

Did you hear these comments from the SK coach or is it from 2nd, 3rd etc hand knowledge? If true this is ridiculous. Embarrassed his players, school and sends a horrible message to his players.

Soccerama games not the best judge of how good teams will be, with that said, HHS 2- W Clermont 1 is very surprising based on comments about W Clermont not going to be good this year.

NDA/ W Jessamine score fair result?