Joe B. Hall's middle name

broadcaster240

Find it hard to believe I just now saw it for the first time. Going through a stack of monthly magazines called The Kentucky Explorer...which features a zillion historical stories of the Commonwealth...reading all of the sports related ones...and saving bits and pieces for my files.

Our station carried U.K. sports the whole time I was there; we interviewed him at our state tournament broadcasts several times (picture from the 1989 Sweet Sixteen; ) etc. And I never remember seeing or even hearing his middle name.

1989 - Joe B. Hall.jpg

Since youre talking about Coach Hall here I have a story about another guy with the same name.

There's a fellow from my county who is also named Joe B. (Barry) Hall. He's a local pharmacist but before he graduated college he had two hole-in-ones in the same round of golf at the Beattyville Country Club. It was witnessed by 3 others. One was an attorney in Beattyville and when he called the Lexington Herald-Leader to report the rare golf accomplishment to their sports staff they didn't believe it when they heard his name. They never printed it because I suppose they thought it was a prank call.

It was a rare feat to not get noticed. The odds of an amateur golfer making two hole in ones in the same round of golf are 67 million to 1.