Morehead State 2017

Content1

Figured it's time to bring MSU out of the shadows of Kentucky D1 football. :)

The Eagles have been picked 8th out of 11 schools in the Pioneer Football league by the pre-season media pundits.

Pioneer-Football.org - Defending Champion San Diego edges Dayton in PFL Preseason Coaches' Poll

The Eagles went 4-7 last season losing 4 of those games by 6 points or less. There's a lot of parody in the PFL. San Diego and UD have established their place a top the conference typically finishing in the top 2. I'm looking forward to the Dayton game as a good barometer to where this group stands!

Per Head Coach Rob Tenyer there's good chemistry in this seasons leadership and team and people are excited. As they should be.

Pioneer Football League releases Preseason Coaches' Poll - The Official Site of Morehead State University Athletics

I'll be providing news and updates with maybe a pic or two along the way. Go Eagles!

:thumb:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check back next season

:lol2:...they offer very good financial packages and an opportunity to play football at the FCS D1 level.

Last years conference champion ( San Diego ) went on to beat an "athletic scholarship" school in the FCS playoffs. Check in next season to see how MSU does against EKU. Will be a fun barometer!

I've spoken to a few alums who really enjoyed the experience of playing FCS D1 football and traveling to the following states: VA, FL, CA, IA, NY, and NC.

• 3 weeks later...

Have witnessed the last two scrimmages and am excited for this years squad. The more people i talk to about MSU the more i learn about how folks who attended school there enjoyed it.

Per HC Rob Tenyer they have improved in the off season by recruiting more athletes with size and speed. There will be JUCO and true freshmen competing for, and earning reps come game time.

MSU will kickoff their regular season on Thursday August 31st against Kentucky Christian. GO EAGLES!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to the Eagles on a season opening win versus Kentucky Christian last Thursday evening. And their upcoming opponent, Liberty Flames, grabbed a lot of attention by knocking off Baylor this weekend.

Exciting times for both teams. Good luck to the Eagles in Lynchburg on Saturday. One play at a time MSU! :thumb:

:lol2:...they offer very good financial packages and an opportunity to play football at the FCS D1 level.

Last years conference champion ( San Diego ) went on to beat an "athletic scholarship" school in the FCS playoffs. Check in next season to see how MSU does against EKU. Will be a fun barometer!

I've spoken to a few alums who really enjoyed the experience of playing FCS D1 football and traveling to the following states: VA, FL, CA, IA, NY, and NC.

The last time I saw the Eagles play was in 1998 against USF, who was in only their 2nd season of football. It was the last game of the season, the first season played in the new Raymond James Stadium. Morehead lead that game at halftime, 14-10.

I donate to MSU athletics every year. I would give more, if they'd reinstate scholarships.

It's great to see FCS schools have success against FBS schools. Liberty has a great facility and football culture. I know the Eagles will be fired up and will leave it all on the field in Virginia this weekend.

Cameron Barrett is a #3 Will LB supporting two SOLID LBs in Sophomore Jerome Brooks and Senior Jacob Biller. Brooks and Biller are inter-changeable based on down and distance. Barretts redshirt will come off if either of the other Bs get injured.

Barrett found a great fit with MSU and is excited for the future!

Hoping this game is a lot like the UC-PEAY game, which btw the Eagles face after Liberty. The goal other than Ws is to come away healthy and become more battle ready going into conference play!!! GO EAGLES...:thumb:

The last time I saw the Eagles play was in 1998 against USF, who was in only their 2nd season of football. It was the last game of the season, the first season played in the new Raymond James Stadium. Morehead lead that game at halftime, 14-10.

I donate to MSU athletics every year. I would give more, if they'd reinstate scholarships.

I contribute annually and attend games if they gave scholarships :thumb: