Bowling Green Coach Removed

Wireman

You wouldn't think it from her success, but I've heard rumblings for multiple years that she was on the outs. Four region titles in the decade she coached there - precisely zero before that. I imagine they do, but they really had better have a good reason.

Nine straight years either (or both) the girls' and boys' basketball teams have won a region title for the Purples. Both head coaches are gone now. It's a time of transition for the round ball at Bowling Green.

Amazing to know what comes out of this and the timing of it before the start of the school year. Also curious to know the ratio of students at BGHS and on the Lady Purples team.

I'm curious to know as well but I will ask this...does it matter?

Amazing to know what comes out of this and the timing of it before the start of the school year. Also curious to know the ratio of students at BGHS and on the Lady Purples team.

The KDE report card for this past year isn't available, but for 2015-16:

White (Not Hispanic) - 57.8%

African American - 20.4%

Hispanic - 14.3%

Asian - 4.1%

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander - 0.2%

Two or More Races - 3.3%

This is a team photo the year before (2014-15, it was hard to find team photos):

Lady-Purples-win-d14-crown.jpg

A press release Lavonda issued through her attorney:

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Letter+from+LaVonda+Johnson.pdf

In every situation of this type there is one side, there is the other side and then the truth lies somewhere in the middle. That said, if anything in this press release is remotely accurate, then the Principal and those who support him need to prosecuted and terminated to the fullest extent. If it is proven to be false narrative, then the same goes for the coach. The two parties have set themselves up for a "death match" in this one.