"Our economic deficit is devastating," the pollsters say of the Democratic Party's

economic agenda."

"By a margin of 35 percent, more white working class voters believe that the term “will help improve the economy and create jobs” applies to Republicans in Congress than it does to Democrats in Congress."

Democrats' Own Poll Shows White Working Class Voters Prefer Republican Policies by Wide Margin - Breitbart

I hope you folks are getting a good laugh out of the White House "disfunction". I'll save mine for election day!

Edited by Pioneer.Pride

Trump carried this demographic easily in November. I imagine Trump will have to pass healthcare, tax reform, or something that is unfriendly to them for him to lose their support.

As far as a theme of the article of Democrats have to find a message that reach the working class, I agree.

What can Democrats sell to the middle class?

They are already committed to displacing citizen workers through globalization, suffocation of business enterprise with environmental and other regulation, and putting fatal taxation burdens on small business. They leave America vulnerable with their total disregard for information security, while profiting from the sale of influence and access.

We are the despicable ones in the flyover states that they try and bribe with subsidies.

This is the Democratic BRAND. Only the irrational could vote for this!

I read in another thread that these people shouldn't be helped, they're responsible for their failure, and if they want a better life they should try to defy gravity by tugging on their boot straps.

Following this elitist logic I assume the winning Democratic slogan is "Tough Luck Loser." Other possibilities include "Move to Where the Jobs Are, Hillbilly," and "Why Don't You Dummies Just Go to College?"

What can Democrats sell to the middle class?

They are already committed to displacing citizen workers through globalization, suffocation of business enterprise with environmental and other regulation, and putting fatal taxation burdens on small business. They leave America vulnerable with their total disregard for information security, while profiting from the sale of influence and access.

We are the despicable ones in the flyover states that they try and bribe with subsidies.

This is the Democratic BRAND. Only the irrational could vote for this!

:lol2:

Democrats have to keep fighting for wage increases for American workers.

Healthcare that extends coverage to ALL Americans easing cost to the Middle Class.

I would start there if I were in leadership.

Healthcare that extends coverage to ALL Americans easing cost to the Middle Class.

Minimum wage increase is irrelevant to the middle class. It is only relevant to the poor by choice. Minimum doesn't get you to the middle class! You mean the free universal health care that has already failed in CA and VT?

Minimum wage increase is irrelevant to the middle class. It is only relevant to the poor by choice. Minimum doesn't get you to the middle class! You mean the free universal health care that has already failed in CA and VT?

Minimum wage is a portion, but also overtime wages that was stymied by conservatives.

IMO, universal health care has to be federal. States can't try to fit that system into the current system.

Shouldn't be a problem. Each and every American is over $10,000 richer than they were six months ago.

On average.

Shouldn't be a problem. Each and every American is over $10,000 richer than they were six months ago.

On average.

Call me un-American, but something tells some made more than 10Gs while others made far less.

Call me un-American, but something tells some made more than 10Gs while others made far less.

I would hope anyone saving for retirement (IRA, 401k, etc) have contributed a big percentage to that $10k. Just based off the S&P 500 since election day, if you had 65k in 401k invested in a 401k, there is your $10k. I would say there are people with more than that and people with less, but the percentage is still the same. Anyone with a home has experienced a home value increase I would say

Anyone with a pension plan has contributed to the $10k also. Someone is investing your pension money..

You have to have a job (or own a business) and wise investments to take advantage of the economy. Depending upon government subsidies and bailouts does not grant you access to the economic engine of this country.

Call me American, but you are probably correct. It's the American way. And I'm sure Uncle Sam will hand them their bill next April 15. In fact right now it's only on paper until they sell. Hope they're not spending it all.

I would hope anyone saving for retirement (IRA, 401k, etc) have contributed a big percentage to that $10k. Just based off the S&P 500 since election day, if you had 65k in 401k invested in a 401k, there is your $10k. I would say there are people with more than that and people with less, but the percentage is still the same. Anyone with a home has experienced a home value increase I would say

Anyone with a pension plan has contributed to the $10k also. Someone is investing your pension money..

Trust me, I'm hardcore saving toward these and I have actually made it a point not to check them for long periods of time because I don't want to know. I obsessed about it 10 years ago and told myself not to follow the day-to-day stuff.

That said, what goes into my 401k does me no good now when the cost of living keeps going up and my take-home pay keeps getting less because of no raises and still more hours worked. Got medical bills I can't pay even with taking on a second job, bringing my weekly hours total to 60-65 most weeks except summer, when I get a vacation. The new middle class, y'all.

You have to have a job (or own a business) and wise investments to take advantage of the economy. Depending upon government subsidies and bailouts does not grant you access to the economic engine of this country.

Really?

Seems help the banking industry, automotive industry, insurance companies, big pharma, and real estate magnets.

For somebody who is so concerned with how the blue-collar worker votes. I'm certain you don't give a darn about them.