Ft. Thomas Highlands fans

Well phooey; that didn't come out as clearly as I had hoped. Not sure how to clean it up.

The script at the bottom of first picture said, "Dedicatory exercises, honoring Mr. Bridges, were held in the Highlands H.S Gym January 15 (1956.)

Bottom of the second pic, "The basement recreation room is used for student activities during the day and by the teen-age canteen and other groups on weekends and for special evening programs."

The script at the bottom of first picture said, "Dedicatory exercises, honoring Mr. Bridges, were held in the Highlands H.S Gym January 15 (1956.)

Bottom of the second pic, "The basement recreation room is used for student activities during the day and by the teen-age canteen and other groups on weekends and for special evening programs."

Anybody know what the teen-age canteen was?

That's what we used to call a "snack bar" where I come from. Any of you guys know if one this is different?

I don't know what it was in 50's but in the 80's, the Canteen was moved to the Armory and it was kind of a recreational hall for teens. One part had a DJ and dancing, the rest was fooseball, pool, bowling etc. A place for the students to hang out.

Side note for Highlands fans! Saw a book on highlands football at Walgreens in Alexandria the other day. It was marked down to $1.50. 2 or 3 were left.

You should have scooped them all up and resold them for $2 each.

Canteen in '60's was simply a hangout for teens, with jukebox, jitterbugging, and sodas. Good memories for this dinosaur.

I remember it was on Friday night and open only to Ft. Thomas residents. BUT, an outsider could get in if they could a resident to "get you in" by going in with you. I think the cost was a quarter. Good times.