Jalen Johnson to Aspire Academy

Guest fogdog.com

Hope this is legit and a real school as it could get some players in trouble with the NCAA? Anyone know anything about this place and who is funding it? Who is the coach?

Like many of these basketball programs that are called prep schools, Aspire Academy is not a school at all. Aspire Academy was founded in 2016 in Scottsdale, Arizona, and either has or is in the process of relocating to Louisville. Bryan Just, who about a year ago indicated he was starting a prep school in Louisville, has apparently joined Aspire Academy instead.

My understanding from some prior press is that players coming to Aspire Academy of high school age would be attending DeSales High School.

Hopkinsville's rising senior point guard is transferring to Aspire Academy. This is a huge blow to HHS. Hopkinsville is still my pick to win the region but I think Henderson is now right on their heels.

I do not think they can win the region without Jalen. It was a toss up between Hopkinsville and Henderson County before Jalen left. Now I think Henderson County becomes the clear favorite.