The Walking Dead (Season 8)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they play the Rick was dreaming angle...I expect riots.

If he wakes up with the beard and he was dreaming, but walks out to a herd of walkers I'd be ok with that. Is this the final season?

If he wakes up with the beard and he was dreaming, but walks out to a herd of walkers I'd be ok with that. Is this the final season?

Surely not. I hope it goes on for 10 more years. But that teaser was pretty wild. Now...if they start it there and he walks out exactly the same, I'll love it. It would be as if he dreamed everything and would know how to take another path. I would also be okay with a Groundhog Day scenario where they start over every few years and see if he can find the answers to end it all :lol2:

I'm not into analyzing frame by frame, but I did notice the THE WALKING DEAD logo near the end was clear and new looking like in season 1. Each season thereafter, the logo has progressively deteriorated.

Not sure if it means anything. I'll be watching.

***KIND OF SPOILER***

Just to be sure I don't upset anybody I put the spoiler warning, but I don't actually read the comics myself so I can't really spoil much. From what I understand there is at one point a fairly significant time hop in the comics which is potentially what that ending is alluding to. The adult cast should be easy enough to age, but I would think they'd have to recast Carl which would be a tough thing to do.

***KIND OF SPOILER***

Just to be sure I don't upset anybody I put the spoiler warning, but I don't actually read the comics myself so I can't really spoil much. From what I understand there is at one point a fairly significant time hop in the comics which is potentially what that ending is alluding to. The adult cast should be easy enough to age, but I would think they'd have to recast Carl which would be a tough thing to do.

It wouldn't bother me if they killed Carl off.

It wouldn't bother me if they killed Carl off.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Carl. He does things that really annoy me but when you run down the laundry list of things he's experienced (shot twice, lost his eye, shot his own mother, nearly raped, nearly killed about 1000 times) it makes me have a bit of sympathy and understanding for the things he does. I'd like to see him get whatever the Walking Dead equivalent of a happy ending could be.

• 2 months later...